KaJinxs

Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-SE/8P "No Resource"

So I thought you could find anything on the internet, guess I was wrong.

I have a Hikvision NVR and for the past 2 months I have had 4 cameras connected to it with no problem. Today I added 2 more cameras. Camera 5 worked fine and displayed correctly. Camera 6 added itself but will not show on the local monitor. All it displays is "No Resource". Now if I check the web server or the android app I am able to see all 6 cameras fine. It's just on the local display that it shows the 5 cameras and a "No Resource" where the 6th camera should be.

Any ideas? I've checked the user manual and do not see any mention of this trouble.

Thanks!

I wish I could help you with this because I have similar problems with the same Hikvision NVR.

Cameras drop off to "No Link" or "No Resource" and won't come back without a reboot. The iVMS phone app will drop off with Error 43 for no reason that I can discern. The Hikvision ip cameras are unreliable and the NVR is worse.

The best bet is to turn off the NVR and any POE hubs, wait 30 seconds, turn them back on, and hope.

Three things you can do to hopefully solve the problem.

1. update your NVR firmware

2. Turn down the quality for sub-stream

- when you see all the cameras at once, it is through sub-stream, hence if you lower the sub-stream quality to CIF, it will sometimes work. you'll notice if you double click on the camera with no resources the camera will be fine, because a single camera view will be from main stream...so if something is wrong wih the substream of the camera, go to step 3....

3. update the firmware for the cameras

No problem, glad to hear you fixed the problem! Factory Default or upgrading firmware or rebooting will fix most of the problems of your NVR =]

I had already tried rebooting and restoring. I read some horror stories about bad firmware updates so I was hesitant to try it.

I google searched and came to this thread and wanted to add that I had the same problem. Here's my solution.

Three things you can do to hopefully solve the problem.

1. update your NVR firmware

2. Turn down the quality for sub-stream

- when you see all the cameras at once, it is through sub-stream, hence if you lower the sub-stream quality to CIF, it will sometimes work. you'll notice if you double click on the camera with no resources the camera will be fine, because a single camera view will be from main stream...so if something is wrong wih the substream of the camera, go to step 3....

3. update the firmware for the cameras

Thanks for this. Mine was the oppsite. I could see the camea when I viewed all the cameras at once. When I viewed that specific camera, I get the error.

What I found out was the camera was set to 3MP mode under Main Stream, and not 2MP (1080p mode). My NVR cannot handle 3MP, so I went to main menu > record > advanced, and my Main Stream was set to 3MP (2048x1536). Changed it back to 1920 x 1080, and problem was solved.