Grue

Hikvision NVR and ip camera questions

I have a couple of questions about using the Hikvision POE NVR with Hikvision POE ip cameras.

Hikvision NVR: DS-7608NI-SE/P

Hikvision 3mp cameras: DS-2CD2732F-IS, DS-2CD2032-I

There are some settings that can be set on both the NVR and the individual cameras. Some things will sync up such as frame rate. Other things will not, such as the motion detection grid and associated linkages. When they are different, it looks like the NVR takes precedence. Does it matter where you change the settings (NVR or camera)?

Is there a way to have each camera send e-mails to different places when motion is detected, when they are all connected to the NVR? It looks like the linkage information on the cameras is disregarded when they are controlled by the NVR (via NVR POE port or POE hub).

On the DS-2CD2032-I cameras, what settings on the cameras should I adjust to reduce the graininess and "snow" in the night vision/IR mode? My motion sensor goes off constantly at night on a couple of my cameras. During the day, shadows cast by trees blowing in the wind sets them off (I keep the trees themselves out of the motion detection area).

Thanks.

Ip cameras act as there own seder if its not connected to a NVR, when it is connected, you would use setup all parameters in the NVR side and it will apply them to the camera, but the ones that you see don't sync up are the ones that can be used separately also, like you can set up motion in the NVR and it will have motion even if it is not showing in the camera itself because you can set it up to record local on an SD card or NAS in the camera using different parameters just for redundancy but the quality settings can only be configured one one.

Yes you can go into each Camera and set a different email to send to. Not 100% sure if you can do it if the camera is directly plugged into the NVR but you should be able to as long as if you have the latest firmware which has a hosting tab to dial directly in the camera without it being on a switch.

On the "SNOW" i would increase the noise reduction to around 95% and make sure your nitrate is reasonable. On the motion sensor, reduce the sensitivity and make sure the motion blocks are not close to where the trees are.

if you need help just PM and i can help you further

UNITY SURVEILLANCE SYSTEMS....