Livermore-Dad

Dahua NVR vs Hikvison NVR with Hikvision Cameras

The Dahua appears to support Hikvision cameras, but there is an outstanding request to have record on movement features supported, it does not at this point (unless I'm wrong).

The Dahua cites that it can do 160 Mbps throughput, while the Hikvision's appear to be capped at about 40Mbps now, maybe with 4-6 cameras (3mp (1080P), it's not a big deal, but just seems to be such a large gap.

I would like to buy for future scale, so 40Mbps vs 160Mbps seems like a whole lot of future proofing.

I'm trying to spec a system, I do want motion and i do really like the hikvision camera's a bit better (sure there are some Dahua that are just as nice)

I don't own PC's and only have laptops in the house, so trying to build my own system is not really a starter (While I could, not something I'm interested in), so really looking for an 8 channel (with 8 POE ports) that will work well with Hikvision cameras.

I tried to start some discussions on another forum and got no traction, so not sure if it's just a closed group, or maybe it's trying to get back to it's software roots?

Any assistance is appreciated.

I wouldn't mix vendors until Onvif is more stable.

I have a hik OEM camera connected to an external POE with my dahua NVR. while motion detection actually works, I could not get the time to display correctly...it stays working for a while but goes nuts after a day or two. When I set the time correctly the motion detection doesn't work.

They have models of Hikvision NVR with 160 Mbps if you are willing to pay for it. Look for the 77xx series or 96xx series that can support 32 ch. should be something like 7732 or 9632.

I recently purchased a DAHUA NVR (NVR5416-16P) and purchase a few Dahua and Hikvision cameras better than the Dahua. My problem is I liked the hikvision cameras... but worried about compatibility.

I haven't tested things out... but also wondered (just as Livermore) if this would be an issue (and especially if the nvr/cameras are newer).

I've used Hik cameras with Dahua NVRs and have had issues...ended up replacing the NVR with Hik...problems solved. I won't mix and match ever again.

I've used Hik cameras with Dahua NVRs and have had issues...ended up replacing the NVR with Hik...problems solved. I won't mix and match ever again.

Ya.. was contemplating that... although it will cost me another $700 to $800

I have 5 Hikvision 3MP cameras using a Dahua NVR and the one thing that irks me is if I set the image quality to optimal I get stuttering and the image on the monitor freezes after a bit. If I set it to medium then everything works fine.

I have the Hik 7732 and six Hik 2732's. All in all amazing, much better then the Avertx and Q-see systems I tried first. All the settings are maxed out, record 24/7 and other then low light performance I have zero issues.

I have the Hik 7732 and six Hik 2732's. All in all amazing, much better then the Avertx and Q-see systems I tried first. All the settings are maxed out, record 24/7 and other then low light performance I have zero issues.

To improve low light performance you need to log directly into the cameras and crank the noise reduction to 100 percent and either disable or lower wdr to 10 or less...

Hi had the same problem . I have a Dahua 51nvr3816 running firmware 2.616.0000.0 (this is a new firmware from may 2014)

and Hikvision ds-2cd2012-i firmware 5.2.0(this is also new firmware).I had set them camera up as a onif camera and had plenty of stuttering i read the forums about iframe etc etc i got impatient there was no real solution.It was firmware time and rather downgrade the camera firmware then the nvr .after trial and error i settled for Raptor_2xxx_Series_Firmware_V5.0.0_130412 , i reset both nvr and camera to defaults and immediately the stuttering disappeared.You cant downgrade the firmware through your browser it a new Hikvision thing since v5.2 so you need to downgrade using the tftp tool.I had my camera and pc plugged into the ppoe switch and i heard its ok to do it over wifi too.I configured recording on the camera side only then did the nvr start recording motion.I have included the links to the firmware

http://www.hikvision.com/europe/download_more.asp?id=1337

[Mod: post edited]