skonos

silmultaneous recording or mirroring on 2 dvrs

I have a specific requirement,

I have to install 8 Cameras in a storage facility of a customer,

but their office is at a different place...

So I have to put one DVR with the cameras in the storage facility but

I want a solution where in I can put another DVR at the

office and the recording from the cameras should get mirrored

on the 2 DVRs in real time..(Same time recording on both DVR)

Is this possible? If it is possible, is this possible using

any analog DVRs of HikVision or CPplus?

If the DVR has an FTP option you could setup a NAS at the remote location and tell the DVR to send data via FTP to that NAS. That is probably a bit cheaper than two DVR's, but make sure that the location with the DVR has a FAST and pretty reliable internet connection with the largest upload speed option available.

You could actually do it with both Hikvision and CP-Plus (which is a Dahua).

Hikvision does have option to record to NAS; I would say Dahua also does, but I do not have any of the newer units now to check.

You could also do it with a DVR+NVR. The first unit would be an analog DVR, the second unit the NVR. On the NVR you would configure the streams on the DVR as IP cameras/video streams. This would be quite easy to do.

You could actually do it with both Hikvision and CP-Plus (which is a Dahua).

Hikvision does have option to record to NAS; I would say Dahua also does, but I do not have any of the newer units now to check.

You could also do it with a DVR+NVR. The first unit would be an analog DVR, the second unit the NVR. On the NVR you would configure the streams on the DVR as IP cameras/video streams. This would be quite easy to do.

DAHUA's new models have the NAS option, including NFS mount.

But I would recommend to go on the DVR to NVR (actually NVR to DVR) way, since the solution is close to realtime and no file open/file closed operations are made that could delay data backup.

Thank you all for the replies...

I think NVR to DVR option is the better one...

Now only thing I have to do is the costing..

NVR's are way costly here than DVR's

and also find a reliable high speed broadband internet connection (Which is next to impossible in India,

unless you are prepared to spend money for a dedicated leased line)

BUt again thank you guys for the prompt and useful replies

For India, I wouldn't recommend trying to sync the DVRs or you're going to be paying waaaay too much for bandwidth.

You could try using the dvr out and just sending that video signal to the office as a video signal. Since there's no real regulation like with the FCC here in the US, you could boost the signal as high as you needed it. But be sure to pick a frequency not typically used or someone else could evesdrop on it, possibly thwarting your security system. You could also scramble the signal, which would eliminate that problem.