I have a Lorex LNR 280 NVR with 8 HD cameras. I want to expand my hard drive to a 8TB. I have called Lorex to order one and they said they don't sell them but to contact Best Buy. I called Best Buy and they said they don't sell hard drives for NVR. Does anyone know where I can purchase a 8TB hard drive (2 x 4TB) for my Lorex LNR 280 recorder? Please don't say Best Buy.

Thank you in advance for any vendor names and telephone numbers you can give to me.

I can probably help, but need some additional information.

What size hd did this originally ship with? Does the owners manual tell you how to change the hard drive?

I put 2 of the 4tb WD purples in my LNR280 and it seems to be working fine. I record everything on high (main view) with motion and viewing on lower settings. I can go about 25 days to 30 days with 8 1080p cameras. The drives have been in since about May 2014. It does seem that playback is faster to search and play with these drives compared to the green it shipped with and the red I added later.

I did originally get a defective one (of the 2 purples), but I got them at Amazon so they replaced it immediately at no cost to me. Amazon is a pretty safe place to buy stuff like this.