liam101

GE DVRme CT16 II Factory Reset on Mobo.

Anyone help me to reset this unit to factory specs.... I have read most of the forums and see that some have reset buttons but this one does not. There is a watch battery but will this drain the unit if I take it out for a while....(as some other units suggest). I do not have the master installer password or 4 digit code.

I have shorted laptop bios before with a paper clip ...when people have forgotten their boot up password.... Is it possible on this unit?

anybody out there help?

Appreciate it in advance..

Regards

Bill

Follow this link: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCcQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.utcfssecurityproducts.com%2FSite%2520Assets%2F0150-0313A%2520DVMRe%2520CT%2520II%2520%2520User%2520Manual.pdf&ei=IYOzU5OQOMPZoATYi4K4CQ&usg=AFQjCNEFAatJtJSuui1tNsXSSm5SKgSK8g&bvm=bv.70138588,d.cGU&cad=rja

Download this pdf file from UTC Fire (they bought GE Security division while back). Go to page #62 and it shows how you can set everything to factory default - various passwords...

Any other questions, let me know.

Appreciate your quick response...

I had tried that but can't get past the operator menu. The installer pw has been changed and I do not know it. That is why I was looking for a backdoor.... I am limited to operator menu only.

Is that info stored on the hard drive or an eprom or bios chip?

This picked up at an auction and no info came with it..... dont have a lot of money in it and probably can buy a new one for under 100.00 but hate to spend money when we do not have to.

Regards

Bill

Bill, here are few ideas below...

Appreciate your quick response...

I had tried that but can't get past the operator menu. The installer pw has been changed and I do not know it. That is why I was looking for a backdoor.... I am limited to operator menu only.

Return To Factory Defaults

From the Factory Setting menu, press the Enter button. A Factory Default Password

password box will appear. Enter the Factory Default password.

Select OK, then press the Enter button.

10 and 16-Channel models, password is 8 1 1 1

The unit will reboot, returning all settings (except the time, date,

email addresses, and email IP address) to the factory defaults.

Is that info stored on the hard drive or an eprom or bios chip?

Everything is stored in flash part of the BIOS... Hard drive also contains important info pertinent to exporting video... In case if you have to change the hard drive, the system will not export video unless you perform this task using another computer, connect to this DVR and then application gets installed... Looks like that utility is no longer avail online...

This picked up at an auction and no info came with it..... dont have a lot of money in it and probably can buy a new one for under 100.00 but hate to spend money when we do not have to.

This has nothing to do with how much you spend.. actually nothing is to be spent.. just follow instructions.. I also have one of these units and tested it.. it works..

Regards

Bill

Hi,

I did as you instructed and cannot get to factory settings. The only menu that comes up that I can get into is the Operators menu ...when I try and select anything it asks for password for Installer and that's as far as I get....

Regards

Bill