kslee

Samsung SRD-1630D Video Playback Issue

I am not able to for playback my recording using Internet Explorer 8 on my Samsung SRD-1630D DVR running v1.06_110726174439, but recording playback working when i playback on DVR directly.

I am trying to upgrade firmware inside my DVR to v1.32_131002162554 but failed, software upgrading showing on my screen but firmware version does not change after this. Anyone facing similar issue before and appreciate for any advise

sometimes when upgrading firmware from a very old version requires the upgrade to be done in stages. for example say you had 1.3 and current is 3.5 you may need to go from 1.3 to 2.1 then 2.8 then finally 3.5.

so the best way if you don't specifically know the required stages is to update every stage until you get to the latest.

reason is that the very old firmware may not have an ITEM that the newest is trying to provide an update to= so fails.

sometimes when upgrading firmware from a very old version requires the upgrade to be done in stages. for example say you had 1.3 and current is 3.5 you may need to go from 1.3 to 2.1 then 2.8 then finally 3.5.

so the best way if you don't specifically know the required stages is to update every stage until you get to the latest.

reason is that the very old firmware may not have an ITEM that the newest is trying to provide an update to= so fails.

I am trying to Google it for whole morning but i cant found any Samsung older firmware to download, any others way that i can get the older firmware?

looks like you have the latest and only 1 update available as far as I can see from the following page select firmware and it shows a similar file to yours- this is for the 1T byte machine -don't know if it makes any difference if you have a 500gb machine. but you could try downloading from this web page see:

http://www.samsungsecurity.co.uk/en/products/digital%20video%20recorders/16%20channel/srd-1630d%201tb.aspx

then select firmware tab at bottom of page + manual to double check that you are carrying out update procedure as per manufacturers recommendations.