Sign in to follow this  
spaceforlife

Real-time Dahua DVR backup to PC on LAN for longer archiving

Hi,

I want to make real-time backups / archieving of a Dahua DVR connected to a PC (or NVR) on a local network.

The DVR would record 24/7 at high resolution and frame rate giving high quality images for a shorter period from the DVR hard drive. The PC would store lower resolution images for a longer period. Would want to be able to search and playback recorded video from the pc.

Can this be done using PSS? If not, what solution would you recommend?

Thank you

Hi

Had a look closer look at the PSS option and it’s not ideal.

Anyone got any recommendations for NVR software to integrate with the Dahua DVR that could record the cameras from the DVR to a PC at lower resolution than the DVR for longer archiving on the NVR?

You no need PSS fo this.

Tune FileZilla server on your PC and tune FTP backup on your DVR.

There in a software Remote Backap for Dahua too!

That's all!

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I am now a little clearer about what I need. I am looking for an NVR / VMS that can integrate with or take a RTSP stream from a DAHUA DVR and record those images for a longer period of time.

The Dahua DVR will be recording at real time 25fps PAL and at highest resolution. The NVR / VMS backup is for long term achieving and would be set at a lower resolution and frame rate.

I am thinking along the lines of NUUO or Axxon but would love to hear other options suggestions. Particularly anyone who has successfully married the Dahua DVR with a NVR / VMS all on the same LAN.

Regards

I'm not at all clear how you want to integrate the Dvr and the nvr. You want the higher resolution of the nvr to be the primary recording. It will provide your best footage. Don't hobble it with lower resolution just because it needs more hard drive space for recording. Buy an nvr appropriate for your needs- one with the appropriate amount of hard drive capacity. Your plan seems backwards to me. If anything, the high resolution footage is the primary and the D1(or lower) footage is for secondary.

The DVR is an 8 channel Dahua HDCVI 720p DVR with 2 x 4Tb HDD’s recording 8 HDCVI cameras at 720p. The quality is good, my primary objective.

But I need a second lower level video archive option to have at least 6 months video footage. If I can attach a NVR / VMS unit to the HDCVI DVR and record it at a lower resolution and frame rate then maybe I can achieve the second objective of having long term footage archived.

Your HD CVI DVR is to provide Main Video Compressed Stream Files for the incoming HD-CVI camera video signal and storing them to its own HDD. Please check whether your DVR can also provide Sub Stream (compressed in smaller resolution and less frame rate) and sending the sub-stream file over the network cable.

I understand most of decent DVRs can do that, then

You need a NVR box or a PC with those soft-wares, which can store the substream file and can decompress and display when needed.

Thank you to those who posted above and tried to offer some advice.

It is clear to me that if anyone on this forum has integrated a Dahua DVR with a NVR /VMS they are not sharing and that’s ok ( I’m not sure I would also)

Good-bye