janorlan

I need solution for my DVR

I set my DVR's IP into static, but then again when I ping the IP of my DVR (e.g 192.168.x.xxx) it says "Destination host unreachable".

What is the best way I can solve this issue of my DVR. Its almost 2 months of suffering this issue. I want to remote my DVR to my PC.

Hoping you can help me with this.

If you have any other devices connected disconnect them temporarily while you establish a connection.

After you establish a connection, how you proceed will depend on which router you have

Your question is pretty vague on details.

When you ping it, are you on the same network or not?

If you're trying to ping that address from away, it won't work. You will need to forward the ports and set up ddns.

If by chance you are having issues even seeing the 192....... While on the same network, then the easiest thing to do is set the dvr to dhcp, let the router assign it an ip and then uncheck dhcp and set that same address

If you're trying to ping that address from away, it won't work. You will need to forward the ports and set up ddns.

If by chance you are having issues even seeing the 192....... While on the same network, then the easiest thing to do is set the dvr to dhcp, let the router assign it an ip and then uncheck dhcp and set that same address

I would concur with this. Then either reserve the IP in your router or create application for the ports that need to open and assign to the DVR's IP and assign that IP to the DMZ all depends on your router

Sir, I've done this for how many times. But still the problem occurs. Maybe i have problems with my hardwares.

Sir, I've done this for how many times. But still the problem occurs. Maybe i have problems with my hardwares.

First we must understand what your network looks like in order to understand what might be happening.

What is the IP address of the computer you try to ping from?

If it is not on the same subnet as the NVR the two will not "see" each other.

If your NVR is on 192.168.1.xxx then your computer must be on 192.168.1.xxx.

First we must understand what your network looks like in order to understand what might be happening.

What is the IP address of the computer you try to ping from?

If it is not on the same subnet as the NVR the two will not "see" each other.

If your NVR is on 192.168.1.xxx then your computer must be on 192.168.1.xxx.

My computer's IP is 192.168.1.xxx and my DVR is 192.168.1.xxx but they can't see each other

What brand and model is your NVR?

How are your computer and NVR networked? Are you connected through an ethernet cable to a router with both?

Is your computer behind a firewall that blocks ping?

What brand and model is your NVR?

How are your computer and NVR networked? Are you connected through an ethernet cable to a router with both?

Is your computer behind a firewall that blocks ping?

Its DVR sir, not NVR. The brand of it is QUBE and my network is connected by a ethernet cable (Cat5e) to a router.

It may sound silly but make sure you don't have a conflict with two devices at the same ip.

Have you looked at your router log to see if ping (ICMP) is blocked or allowed there?

What operating system is your computer?

For example, Windows OS has a built in firewall that could be blocking pings.

If your OS has a software firewall you will need to look at those logs also for blocked ping (ICMP).

I use Windows 7 Home Premium, and this is my router's firewall.

?ui=2&ik=018e93eeb2&view=att&th=1479ec7eef84a6ce&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_hyf5uimr0_1479ec7c4692afcf&zw&atsh=1

You will have to upload the picture where we can see it. Maybe copy and save to your computer and use the "Upload attachment" feature below from where you post.

In Windows 7 I think you will need to enable logging of dropped packets to see if ping is blocked. Sorry, I have not used Windows since XP. This may help.

Enabling Windows firewall "dropped packets" log

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/enabling-windows-firewall-dropped-packets-log/d5f5c60e-2bd6-42d1-ab7d-5c5cc95cf8ca

I've done all of this process

- check DHCP then restart, then uncheck DHCP and copy the same IP.

- restart both router and DVR.

- create a new UTP cable (in case the cable is destroyed)

- off firewall

- get the latest PSS

result = nothing maybe there is something wrong with the DVR itself.

What is your router?

Thereason I ask is that I found today that doing the DHCP thing and then removing the DHCP has changed in a number of routers and you do NOT need to return the DVR to static, find the DVR by it's current IP address in the router's ethernet map and identify by both its IP address and mac number. There should be an option "always use this IP address" select that and leave the dvr set to DHCP .

Then do your port forward.

I had this tonight with a BT home hub4 and I got all ports opening except the UDP port, I'll have to tackle that one tomorrow

What I am interested in at this time id this thing about the ping being blocked I use both Mac and PCs so ow would I unblock the ping function I have tried but can't find NAT settings ( i was advised it would be in the NAT settings in the BT Home Hub but I have systematically been though every menu and cannot find it,