mattdb

ESC-DVR1604HF-U-E Firmware

Well, I have a ESC-DVR1604HF-U-E and I have been able to get some firmware for that system, but it appears that Dahua makes each firmware unique per vendor from what I am being told. Well my vendor, Empire Security Systems, no longer sells Dahau. So how do I upgrade my $1000 DVR?

Pissed at the Vendor and Dahau.

Well, I have a ESC-DVR1604HF-U-E and I have been able to get some firmware for that system, but it appears that Dahua makes each firmware unique per vendor from what I am being told. Well my vendor, Empire Security Systems, no longer sells Dahau. So how do I upgrade my $1000 DVR?

Empire does not have unique firmware .... Price was a bit high

Is there a reason to change firmware ... Do you have a problem

Empire does not have unique firmware .... Price was a bit high

Is there a reason to change firmware ... Do you have a problem

I was having issues connecting IP cameras to the system. It kept freezing up. I just started playing with settings on the box and dropped the buffer from 280ms to 200ms and it seems to be working now. This whole process has pissed me off. I like to keep my firmwares up to date due to security holes and features. I got the firmware from another vendor but it wouldn't flash. It is General_DVRxx04HF-X-E_Eng_N_Onvif_V2.608.0000.0.T.20120730 version that works that I got from empire.

Did you ever resolve this problem? I am in similar situation: bought dahua DVR1604HF-U-E from Empire. Managed to get a firmware update direct from Dahua a couple of years ago (General_DVRxx04HF-X-E_Eng_PN_V2.608.000.0.R.20120926.bin). Recently got another update through Empire (General_DVR5X16_Eng_PN_V3.200.0001.24.R.20141114.bin) but it won't flash.

Did you ever resolve this problem? I am in similar situation: bought dahua DVR1604HF-U-E from Empire. Managed to get a firmware update direct from Dahua a couple of years ago (General_DVRxx04HF-X-E_Eng_PN_V2.608.000.0.R.20120926.bin). Recently got another update through Empire (General_DVR5X16_Eng_PN_V3.200.0001.24.R.20141114.bin) but it won't flash.

I got one from Empire but I never tried to flash it yet, it doesnt have any version info in it.

I have put it here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B54CqG7QWhcXfnR5eUNYbGYySXREV0U4dTBIbUJXXzFKVjZhaG1ueHVvbGtCbFpoS2I3VWM&usp=sharing

That is the same firmware Empire sent me. I tried it, it didn't work for me. Luckily it didn't brick my DVR. I am currently running firmware 2.608.0000 build date 20120926 (which I got direct from Dahua a few years ago).

Is anyone running a newer version on their DVR1604FH-U-E?

Hello, you have to incrementally update your firmware occasionally you can skip an update but its always a BIG risk. I have firmware from 11-27-2014. if you need it send me a message.

***BECAREFULL*** upgrading always creates the risk damaging the unit. I take no responsibility for any damage caused by attempting the upgrade.

Hello, you have to incrementally update your firmware occasionally you can skip an update but its always a BIG risk. I have firmware from 11-27-2014. if you need it send me a message.

***BECAREFULL*** upgrading always creates the risk damaging the unit. I take no responsibility for any damage caused by attempting the upgrade.

Does it have a version number? I would be interested in having a look at it.

Hello, yes I would like to give that a try. Thank you.

Does anyone have an older firmware for intermediate update? I am currently running General_DVRxx04HF-X-E_Eng_PN_V2.608.000.0.R.20120926.bin.