johnsloa

Honeywell HDRP8D250 Admin Password Reset

Hello:

Can someone please help me reset the admin password for my Honeywell Performance HDRP8D250 DVR?

I can not find out how to reset or get beyond the "Admin" password. The "SUPERUSER" password is blank, as in NOTHING, but to setup the DVR I need the admin password. I did find a post online stating the reset procedure is to put a specific file (a .zip file) on a USB flash drive and then into the DVR, I can not get this file

I bought it used for my grandmother's home (along with an alarm system) which was recently broke into WHILE she was in the bedroom, sleeping, and was awoke. Needless to say, she was petrified and she listened as whomever walked around, she wasn't even able to call 911 while they were still in the house because she was so frightened.

She lives on a social security income, so she doesn't have the $ for a professionally installed CCTV. So I'm doing it for her (I have experience with CCTV/computers/Ham operator, SELF TAUGHT).

I would be so grateful for ANY assistance as I'm doing this for her out of my pocket. Thank you for taking the time for reading my question!

THANKS SO MUCH,

John