Sign in to follow this  
jokerone

A good DVR brand/model, with support, updates, etc?

I own a dahua with D1 I bought about 3 years ago. I've been happy with it.

It only seems to do 480 and the cameras I bought were 700TVL. Now the new cameras I'm seeing are 1200TVL.

I need to replace a few cameras because they either went totally black or have some weirdness.

Any suggestions on DVR replacements?

trying to stay within budget.

thanks

If you really want to make use of the 700tvl cameras, go with a 960h dvr.

If you really want to make use of the 700tvl cameras, go with a 960h dvr.

thanks.

Would I notice a big difference?

Is there a 1200H DVR on the market? reason being if the new cameras are 1200TVL, I would like to take advantage of that unless its cost prohibitive.

I'm honestly not sure about 1200tvl but I'm suspecting its a bit more of marketing.

Alot of people were putting 600tvl and 700tvl cameras on D1 DVRs but D1 wasn't really fully using the cameras potential but then 960h came along and it's supposed to use 700tvls full potential.

And that's where I understood 960h to be capped.

But now I see a lot of talk of 800tvl cameras on 960h.

Again, I'm not positive as I've only seen mentions of 1200tvl but I'm thinking it may be hd-sdi which uses a different dvr than 960h.

There are however some hybrid DVRs that you can research.

I'm honestly not sure about 1200tvl but I'm suspecting its a bit more of marketing.

Alot of people were putting 600tvl and 700tvl cameras on D1 DVRs but D1 wasn't really fully using the cameras potential but then 960h came along and it's supposed to use 700tvls full potential.

And that's where I understood 960h to be capped.

But now I see a lot of talk of 800tvl cameras on 960h.

Again, I'm not positive as I've only seen mentions of 1200tvl but I'm thinking it may be hd-sdi which uses a different dvr than 960h.

There are however some hybrid DVRs that you can research.

I spent some time researching it, and I still could be wrong, but Its my understanding that the 960 is just an aspect ratio. More pixels yes, but It just gives you wider view (provided you have a supported camera), but no more resolution than a conventional D1.

The DVRs that do give you more resolution are still a bit pricey for me. I think I'll wait another year and see what happens.

thanks.