wiggy

my dvr has bricked after 3 years replacement advice needed

Hello all

Basically 3 years ago i installed cctv at home, i must admit i found the port forwarding and dyndns setup a bit daunting but managed to muddle threw as you do, i have been paying dyn.com approx 20 odd dollars a year ever since. Its a 8 channel dvr with a 500gb hdd. I only use 4 channels and i do all my remote viewing on my smartphone, very rarely do i use the hard drive to search. Not sure of my dvr model as its not got a logo, however it looks remarkabley like a sannce i have seen for sale on ebay item number 360987143261. Ive not seen the menu on that model but the front looks the same and the rear apart from mine has no hdmi port. anyways, today my dvr bricked! just wont fire up has power but wont go threw the set up process. So ok i need a new dvr 3 years from this budget dvr cant be bad!

I bought this one in the dark and i think now i need to replace it and ebay is absolutley rammed with models i should ask some expert non bias advice....

Basically i need a 4 channel hdd not too important to me, i would like something which is really easy to set up and get working on my smartphone so perhaps something with good support from the manufactor via internet/emails/phone support. loads of apps on google play but which ones work well. i currently use superlivepro its always worked fine for me, will this work with other dvrs??

All advice will be listened to carefully and will aid me in my next purchase....

thanks for all whom offer there advice.

considering this on ebay 181277503546 anyone got one?

First thing, Are you going to replace the cameras also? if not you need to get a DVR that is compatible with the cameras that are already with you. But i recommend getting 4CH-DVR from HikVision, which is actually pretty good, very user friendly interface and support is great. but if you want to replace all cameras too, i recommend you update to IP based system, which is very clear and has a longer life span and more reliable