Liquid_Squelch

Beware gDMSS release September 14,

The September 14, 2014 release of gDMSS Plus immediately crashes my Dahua clone dvr. I've tried to log in with two different mobile devices, both with the updated gDMSS Plus Release.

While watching the CCTV output, when I attempt a connection, the clock drops from the screen and all front panel buttons no longer respond. A hard reboot is required to bring the DVR back into service.

I wish there was a way to roll back to a previous version of gDMSS.

The September 14, 2014 release of gDMSS Plus immediately crashes my Dahua clone dvr. I've tried to log in with two different mobile devices, both with the updated gDMSS Plus Release.

What do you mean with "Dahua clone dvr"? Rebranded unit? I updated to the latest version of gDMSS, and it has worked fine with the 3 Dahua units I have (one analog, one HDCVI, one hybrid). Maybe your DVR might need a firmware update?

Also, it is always a good idea to make a copy of a crucial program before updating. I always to do with Titanium Backup. That way you can go back easily to the previous version if something doesn't work.

I have to take a look at the app in my tablet. Ideally I'd like to set it to not auto update, which I'm not sure I can set it to. The weird thing is that I'm having a little issue in PSS that is either coincidence or related somehow to the update. I have PSS set to auto login my devices but I have to manually login now for some reason and it takes just long enough for me to get that 'uo-oh, login is gonna fail feeling', but it logs in. All has been perfectly fine until the gdmss update, and I do check my cameras with gdmss on a daily basis until the overnight, when I switch to PSS. Not sure if it's related or not.