dangalore1988

Reset AST400 / CCT716 DVR

Hello,

I have a AST400 or CCT716 CCTV system - the manual is at:

http://starsec.com.au/Website%20Downloads%20section/AST%20400/AST400U_ENG_Ver1.pdf

I cannot access the system as I do not know the admin password. The default is blank - the user can only be Admin, it does not let you change it.

I have tried connecting through network using telnet/ssh etc but fails - I know it's on the network as Ping comes back fine.

I have also tried removing CMOS battery which just resets the date back to 01/01/1996 00:00:00 and stills won't accept passwords. I have tried the obvious passwords like 11111111, 123456, 000000 etc - the field is 8 numeric only characters

I have also taken the board out to search for help there - the board reads AST400 v1.1 but can't find anything online relating to it. I can only find 2 jumpers on the board J3 and J4 which I have tried shorting and nothing happens - I'm guessing they relate to IDE control though as they are directly next to the IDE connectors.

I have looked for J1 and J2 - J2 does not exist but is printed on the board beneath another connector! I can't find J1 anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I have spent hours trying to get into this system and I'm wondering if it would be quicker guessing codes!