Sign in to follow this  
Livermore-Dad

Dahua NVR HikVision Cameras Camera TIME is all wrong NTP

I don't see the Dahua listening on the NTP ports, so for some reason I don't believe I can make it an NTP server and provide the correct time for the Hikision camera's connected to the NVR.

And since the cameras are connected directly to the DAHUA they are getting a private IP address and doens't appear the Dahua is doing any NAT/forwarding for camera's attached to it, so I can't configure the HIK camera's to grab their own time from a public NTP server.

I can set the cams from my computer, but that lasts maybe an hour and then all camera's plugged directly into the Dahua NVR end up completely out of whack, but what is interesting is the Dahua NVR is keeping perfect time, so where the cameras are getting their incorrect time from is beyond me . Also the rate of change is not indicative of small time creep, something is resetting them to a really odd time. Almost like me setting PST time zone -8 GMT is being ignored and since they are Chinese camera's they are taking something internal and setting time based on that.

I don't have an answer and have tried almost everything. The camera's that are connected to the Dahua via IP only and not plugged in for POE or network access, keep time just fine (but again they have NTP configured and can go outside), so this really appears to be a Dahua NVR thing, or a combination of Chinese camera's

Any idea? I can obviously just remove the timestamps from the Hik camera's and not worry to much I guess since the Dahua has the right time and it will record/playback the right time, but having the timestamps on the footage seems like a good idea if there were any incidents?

Thanks

Tory

Remove the hik time stamps and show the dahua time stamps per channel. Recordings on the dahua hard drive will reflect the correct time.

Thanks ya that's what I figured. Just ignore the local timestamp and grab the one that seems to have a clue

Thanks

Tory