300winmag

Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP Framerate for all camera's?

I am looking at getting the Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP but I can't find out what the max fps is I can have per camera.

Under Hikvisions website it states "PoE Interface - 16 independent 100 Mbps PoE network interfaces, Max Power In total: 200W. All PoE ports comply with 802.3at (<30W) and 802.3af (<15W".

Now if 1080p is 8mbps and 3MP is 11mbps why would they give 100mbps per channel on all 16 channels? What am I missing?

At best I would have a couple 3MP camera's at 15 or 20 fps and eight 1080p camera's running at 30fps, I would like to know if it can handle this and more if I decide to upgrade. Oh and this will not be streaming, no online access.

Another question,

I have 2 monitors from my previous system but all the NVR's I've seen only have one HDMI out, How can I do it so I can see 4 to 6 camera's on each screen?

Thanks for any help!

I am looking at getting the Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP but I can't find out what the max fps is I can have per camera.

Under Hikvisions website it states "PoE Interface - 16 independent 100 Mbps PoE network interfaces, Max Power In total: 200W. All PoE ports comply with 802.3at (<30W) and 802.3af (<15W".

Now if 1080p is 8mbps and 3MP is 11mbps why would they give 100mbps per channel on all 16 channels? What am I missing?

At best I would have a couple 3MP camera's at 15 or 20 fps and eight 1080p camera's running at 30fps, I would like to know if it can handle this and more if I decide to upgrade. Oh and this will not be streaming, no online access.

Another question,

I have 2 monitors from my previous system but all the NVR's I've seen only have one HDMI out, How can I do it so I can see 4 to 6 camera's on each screen?

Resolution and fps is not completely related to bitrate. And bitrate is unrelated to the interface max speed. 100mbps is the network interface speed on each of the ports, it doesn't matter if you only use 5-10mbps for each camera.

DS-7716NI-SP has HDMI and VGA output, up to 1920x1080 each. So you can connecto two monitors and have them show different cameras (those monitors will need VGA and HDMI input, of course; no analog monitors).

Thanks for the help MT!

So how am I supposed to know how many cameras at high fps this thing can handle? I cant find it anywhere. Money is not a problem i just want a good NVR.

So your saying hook one monitor to the vga port and one to the HDMI port? Vga is HD? Totally didnt know that lol

So how am I supposed to know how many cameras at high fps this thing can handle? I cant find it anywhere. Money is not a problem i just want a good NVR.

You have to look at the total Mbps the NVR can handle; on this model, 80Mbps. You can share those 80Mbps how you like amongst all the cameras, so you could do 16 cameras at 5Mbps each. Or maybe you could do 4 cameras at 8Mbps, 4 cameras at 5Mbps, and 8 cameras at 3.5Mbps. Etc.

The bitrate is not completely related to the resolution. You can have a 2Mp camera at 5Mbps, and a 3Mp camera also at 5Mbps; of course, on the 3Mp camera the compression will be higher to be able to have 50% more resolution on the same bitrate. You can have a camera looking somewhere with little movement at 3Mpbs, and a camera looking at a place with a lot of movement at 10Mbps.

So your saying hook one monitor to the vga port and one to the HDMI port? Vga is HD? Totally didnt know that lol

Yes, thay can do both up to 1920x1080. Image quality will be the same (but VGA does not support audio).

Ahhhh I see I see, only 80mbps eh..... maybe I shall keep looking or do some more research to see how big of a difference a few mbps will change the playback.

Thanks for your help!

Just got word that the 16 channel's new firmware update allows 100mbps and the 32 gets 200mbps. Now what would the bonus to getting rhe 32 over the 16? Im not going to have 16 cameras, only 9 to 12 but 200mbps allows me to max out all my cameras.... somebody talk me out of it please....

Just got word that the 16 channel's new firmware update allows 100mbps and the 32 gets 200mbps. Now what would the bonus to getting rhe 32 over the 16? Im not going to have 16 cameras, only 9 to 12 but 200mbps allows me to max out all my cameras.... somebody talk me out of it please....

Don't do it. It's a horrible idea. Spend more money on a more powerful NVR, or wait for technology to catch up with itself; it's happening now as you know, but it's slow.

Your other alternative would be to use a PC based NVR with a good CPU and software.

No I mean

Don't do it. It's a horrible idea. Spend more money on a more powerful NVR, or wait for technology to catch up with itself

The way I see it I have the room to upgrade if I ever want to, like to 5mp cameras or put a camera in the garage. 100mbps is doable but no room to expand.

Get the 32 ch

the reason why i say that is because your extra channels can come in handy in the future if you ever have offsite cameras or another locations. you just have to port forward those off site cameras then add the remote address in the nvr and you can add it like a regular camera and record directly to your NVR

Also works with Hikvision DVR and analog camera.

But then you need good internet upload speed at those remote sites.

And yes you will have more room for 5mp once the prices goes down...5mp you will have to set it for 8-16mbps depending on your quality. 16 Mbps is the max you can allocate to each camera at the moment

PS: the cost is actually about the same between the two units, but they have a much higher profit margin with the 32 ch, try to get a lower price if you going for the 32...you can at least get $50-70 off whatever they are selling it now for.

Exactly what I wanted to hear! Thanx MIB!

my current pos nvr only lets me get 8mbps max on 3mp.

should it not be 11mbps? The system even came with 3mp camera's.

Hi Winmag,

Hikvision made a guide on how much bandwidth you need for the cameras, i think it'll give you a better idea.

http://oversea-download.hikvision.com/uploadfile/doc/NVR%20Camera%20Capacity%20based%20on%20Bit%20Rate.pdf

on page 2

But bandwidth is really one of those things that is advancing very fast with technology...check Hikvision's site for any new models that will have even more bandwidth. the 32 ch has been out for like a year and a half now. I think even dahua is coming out with NVR that has 200 mbps recording.

for 3mp and 15fps i usually set it for 4-5 mbps at highest quality.

Thats a nice chart, been researching for a long time and never seen that before. Very helpful!

I am going to order the 32 channel from nellys as soon as they confirm which brand of hard drives they are going to put in it.

I've heard from several people that at 3mp you cant tell the difference between 11mbps and 4 or 5mbps. Most say its a waste to go higher. Wouldn't it be ideal for being able to digitally zoom in closer? it seems im the only one who thinks its a good idea lol

Get the 32 ch

the reason why i say that is because your extra channels can come in handy in the future if you ever have offsite cameras or another locations. you just have to port forward those off site cameras then add the remote address in the nvr and you can add it like a regular camera and record directly to your NVR

Also works with Hikvision DVR and analog camera.

But then you need good internet upload speed at those remote sites.

And yes you will have more room for 5mp once the prices goes down...5mp you will have to set it for 8-16mbps depending on your quality. 16 Mbps is the max you can allocate to each camera at the moment

PS: the cost is actually about the same between the two units, but they have a much higher profit margin with the 32 ch, try to get a lower price if you going for the 32...you can at least get $50-70 off whatever they are selling it now for.

Can you tell me a model number that you are suggesting? I am seeing the DS-9632NI-ST for around $1074 and the DS7716NI-SP/16 for about $650 from a company with initials SV out of NYC. Don't know if they are a legit company to buy from or really what model you are referencing that is 32 channels.

There reason I decided to go 32 is your comment that I can add offsite cameras to record to this NVR!!?!?!?! That is very interesting. So how would I do it? I have a 9 port POE switch that the cameras all plug into. Would I take the ethernet that was going into the computer that ran software and run that to my router? If you don't have time to explain it could you please paste a link that may help?

I am hoping to buy the 32 channel, run POE switch with cameras into my router and then make input "your settings" into this 32 hikvision(what model?) and have cameras at one location with NVR recording onto this new machines and cameras at another location recording on this machine too. WOW if that can work that is awesome. I may be able to have three locations on one machine???