zgebis

SmartPSS "Failed to Open Video" error

I am using the SmartPSS 1.11.1 and not all video feeds load for my cameras. This is supposed to be a hybrid dvr with 16 analog and 16 ip. We so far have not hooked up any ip cameras to the DVR. My Dahua DVR info is Model:DVR7816S-U, System Version: 3.200.0002.2, Build Date: 05/23/2014. I usually get "failed to open video". Both when locally and using a remote connection. On the Internet Explorer client all video feeds come in fine without lag. We have cable internet with a download speed of 60MBPS and upload of 11MBPS. Also on the gDMSS app all 16 feeds will load just fine. The unit is connected to the router with a cable and the router says its gigabit speeds. I also tired using two cables and the load balancing feature and still have the same problem.

I used the PSS software on the cd that came with the unit and had the same problem with “failed to open video”. I also played with the encode bitrates lowering and raising them with the same “failed to open video” error. I can sometimes drag the camera into the software and get them to load, but most times the error displays. If I double click on the camera in the PSS software that says “failed to open video” to make the view full screen it will show video when I double click again to go back to 16 view the “failed to open video” message shows back up.

We are using all analog camera and all camera are encoding at 5FPS 960H Quality number 6. The computer is a windows 7 pro laptop with 3gb of ram. Port forwarding is setup correctly and I don’t have any firewalls that would be blocking these ports. I also sometimes get a “device offline” on some of the feeds. Its either “failed to open video” or “device offline” .

The router is a Netgear nighthawk r7000.

I haven't really ever experienced anything like this unless the information is being entered into SmartPSS incorrectly. I guess firmware might be an issue and it's worth looking into. Have you also tried a version of PSS instead of SmartPSS?

I have tried PSS and have no problems. I kinda liked the newer feel of the SmartPSS and the features that came with it.

I have tried PSS and have no problems. I kinda liked the newer feel of the SmartPSS and the features that came with it.

SmartPSS definitely appears cleaner but the original version of PSS still has significantly more features packed into it that SmartPSS at this point; specifically being able to access all of the configuration settings on your DVR.

I still don't have a good explanation for you as to why SmartPSS isn't playing nicely for you unless it's a computer issue with the program.

Do you know how to get a hold of someone at Dahua? I sent a email on the support site but had no response in the past two days. I bought the DVR from a dead beat seller on Ebay who is totally unhelpful and supposedly he is a professional installer company owner. I guess I got screwed in that deal since I paid more for one with a "three year warranty" but he wont respond to messages so I am screwed.

i have the same problem with one of my clients but in his case only four videos open and the rest doesn't ,i tried using both pss and the smart pss no luck, the wired thing that all the videos load in the mobile application , the next step im gonna update the DVR's firmware and see the results.

The DVR :2116 HE

Yeah 4 of the 16 open no problem. Tried a different PC same problem. The network is gigabit so its not a network quality issue. Tried on both a windows 7 and 8 PC. No answer yet from dahua.

Do you know how to get a hold of someone at Dahua? I sent a email on the support site but had no response in the past two days. I bought the DVR from a dead beat seller on Ebay who is totally unhelpful and supposedly he is a professional installer company owner. I guess I got screwed in that deal since I paid more for one with a "three year warranty" but he wont respond to messages so I am screwed.

If you feel like he's not holding up his end of the deal, then file a chargeback and report him to eBay so they boot him; that'll get his attention.

That's true. I'm a very special buyer on Ebay. I spend close to 4k monthly. If I call eBay they will refund me without problems. I just at this point don't want to have to remove the DVR all the drives pack it and ship it to eBay. Then wait for another to arrive. Etc. I don't know if he would be able to help with this problem. I am glad I got SquarrTrade on this one. If he doesn't honor the warranty if needed then they got my back. Yeah I think he should give me a discount on it but that's going to be hard since he won't reply. I guess I could leave him his first negative.

Anyone know how to reach Dahua. Also how do I get a firmware update since he's unreachable. He claims it shipped with the latest. Its hard to dig up info on these units. PSS works just I like the newer smartpss.

Should I just start a dispute and buy the DVR from another company that claims to have great support?

Anyone know how to reach Dahua. Also how do I get a firmware update since he's unreachable. He claims it shipped with the latest. Its hard to dig up info on these units. PSS works just I like the newer smartpss.

DAHUA will not offer direct support for items bought via eBay, Aliexpress & Co. They will respond and ask you to contact the seller:

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/news/statement-on-purchasing-dahua-technology-products-103.html

That said, I don't see a reason for those kind of problems. You should use latest SmartPSS:

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/download/DH_Smart-PSS_Eng_IS_V1.11.1.R.20140910.zip

Also, correctly setup(and enable) the Main and Extra Stream for all 3 event types: General, Motion and Alarm.

I did set up all the streams and am running the latest version of the software. This is a very strange thing that is happening.

But you can fully open/view them in IE? Or in Chrome?

Do you have any port-forwarding done or is a direct connection?

What Workstation are you using? How much video ram?

We can view all channels on PSS and the web browser We tried several work stations. The connection is through web and network. Port forwarding is working correctly. All the work stations are high end pc's that have triple core processors.

We can view all channels on PSS and the web browser We tried several work stations. The connection is through web and network. Port forwarding is working correctly. All the work stations are high end pc's that have triple core processors.

Please responde to my questions - as I asked them with a reason, not general answers.

Port forwarding is done in TCP, UDP or TCP+UDP mode? What is the Video RAM available on those workstations? Do you use some sort of firewalling/VLANing on those networks? Do you have multiple clients setup?

Here is a profile from one of the laptops we are using. Ports are forwarded using the TCP/UDP modes, we also tried TCP only mode. No firewall or VLANS. Multiple clients?, we are only connecting to one NVR at this point. PSS suite has NO Problems loading all the camera feeds. Only the NEW SmartPSS has problems, this makes me think its solely software programing by Dahua. They [Dahua] are also having me work with R&D on this problem because they have not had any reports yet. The web connection is not a problem we have a 50mbps up/ 10mpbs down.

LAN speed is 150mbps.

System

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

Model HP Pavilion dv6000 (RP283UA#ABA)

Total amount of system memory 3.00 GB RAM

System type 32-bit operating system Windows 7 Professional

Number of processor cores 2

64-bit capable Yes

Graphics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family

Total available graphics memory 256 MB

Dedicated graphics memory 0 MB

Dedicated system memory 64 MB

Shared system memory 192 MB

Display adapter driver version 8.15.10.1930

Primary monitor resolution 1280x800

DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better

I might add this PC has no problems loading 64 channels on a Exacq recorder using the Exacq software, also Digiop works fine also.

Ok, some more additional stuff:

-switch all port forwarding to TCP[if you are connecting remotely]

-enable extra stream/substream for all channels

Clarify:

-NVR, DVR or Hybrid device?

-are you using this version:

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/download/DH_Smart-PSS_Eng_IS_V1.11.1.R.20140910.zip ?

-LAN speed of 150MBps is achieved via Wireless?

-is the workstation able to open 2 1080p videos and playback them fluently(equivalent to 16 cameras@960H)?

Its a hybrid recorder that has 32 channels 16 analog and 16 ip. Sub stream is enabled and we still have this issue. I am using that latest version of SmartPSS. Yes we get 150mbps through out wireless ac access point. The workstation can open and play the video fluently for 1080p videos. When you say enable extra stream you mean under the SETUP> ENCODE > "Camera number" on the web interface?

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/dvr780478087816s-u-460.html

Ok, please do try the version I sent you. Can you ping the AP/Router while opening the live videos and see the response time?

Not just one 1080p, 2x1080p videos at the same time.

Yes, under ENCODE section.