bobfromnj

DRV issue please help.

Please help, think I posted on the wrong post.

I have a CSP-8PRO960H DVR and have pretty much set up everything but I am hoping someone can help me with emailing an event with a "snapshot" When an email is sent (actually) there are 3 emails. motion detect, motion with a .jpg and motion clear. When I open the "snapshot" .jpg only about 10% of the picture is viewable the other 90% is blank.

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

I've had the corrupted image thing as well with one Dvr. It cleared up when I used Gmail. If you haven't try Gmail.

Thanks for the reply. I will try that since I do have a Gmail account. Right now I am using Optimum (Cablevision)

Thanks,

Bob

Lol, it's funny you mention that Bob. Optimum was the cause for my bad pics too. It seems optimum has a problem with this chore. The specifics for gmail are as follows-

SMTP Server- smtp.gmail.com

Port- 465

User name- your gmail address name (ie. myname.gmail.com)

Password- your gmail account password

Sender- your same gmail address

Receiver- Whatever email addresss you want

Subject- make it whatever you want to say

Leave the rest at default. Hope this helps you.

That is kind of funny. Can't imagine why Optimum has this issue. Been using them for 10 years and never had an issue getting a picture in an email.

Thanks for the Gmail info, I will try those settings today.

Bob

Lol, it's funny you mention that Bob. Optimum was the cause for my bad pics too. It seems optimum has a problem with this chore. The specifics for gmail are as follows-

SMTP Server- smtp.gmail.com

Port- 465

User name- your gmail address name (ie. myname.gmail.com)

Password- your gmail account password

Sender- your same gmail address

Receiver- Whatever email addresss you want

Subject- make it whatever you want to say

Leave the rest at default. Hope this helps you.

Thanks so much for your help. Everything on Gmail worked great. Can't believe how long I have been playing with this and all along it was the ISP.

Wonder if you can help me with one more issue...my email alerts are set up for only 1 interior camera (when not home) I must have some setting wrong because when I cause a test alert there are multiple emails being sent, like 9 or 12. I do know that this system normally sends out 3 emails as follows...Motion Detect, Motion Detect w/pic, Motion Clear. How do I set how many times the alert sends emails?

Thanks again,

Bob

Not really sure as I don't have that Dvr. Maybe a screen shot of that menu so I can see what options you have. You probably don't have control of the set of three you get, but you probably have a setting to control the timing frequency that set of three is sent. If you do you can play with that setting and see if it cuts it down. Also just try and trigger the camera for real and see if the same thing happens. Maybe the test is screwy but the real trigger is ok.

Thanks. I did try a "real" trigger and it does the same thing. Sorry I don't know how to include a screenshot but the menu has the following items...

Channel

Mode

Image Size

Quality

Snapshot Frequency

I have the Snapshot Frequency set at 5 SPL the default was 1

Mode I have set for trigger

Image size I have 960H

Channel 6

Quality 6 (best)

Thanks,

Bob

Keep the snap shot frequency at 1. That will ensure that one snapshot per second is taken so you will have the best chance of getting snapshots of the full event, which will help you have a better chance of getting the best picture attached to the email. However the email frequency is another thing that you may or may not have much control over depending on the available settings you have. Snapshot email is tricky and getting just the right shot can be hit and miss.

Thanks again for your input. I will try and play with some of those settings. Having been in the alarm business many years ago I would think that a setting for this situation makes perfect sense... a motion is detected, sends out an email alert with a "snapshot" and then resets unless a second motion is detected in say 10, 20, or 30 minutes later, or what ever you want.

Thanks,

Bob

Yeah email has never really been perfected I find. It's also hard to get a perfect pic emailed too. You can fine tune it with pre record and post record. But mostly the best notification is push, to a mobile phone or tablet. That not only notifies you, but you can also view video of the specific event. This works well with dahua Dvr's and gdmss app for phone and tablet.