zgebis

dahua Dvr Not detecting motion

My hybrid recorder http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/dvr780478087816s-u-460.html

will not detect motion all of a sudden. 36 channel version 16 analog/16 ip

So far I tried swapping cameras, doing a factory reset and playing with the motion settings options. This just happened and the unit used to detect motion. Its only happening on channel 6 so far. The strange thing is that the dvr will show on screen that motion is detected but will not mark it as a motion event.

When I go to search video, it will not list any motion events for channel 6. The strange thing is about a few week ago it kept saying video loss on that channel and I swapped cameras and it stopped.

The setting for motion match the same setting of another channel which has no problems.

My DVR is running System Version: 3.200.0002.2, Build Date: 05-23-2014

Chan6Motion.PNG.763ea412606fa1a37d410262d0f00b30.PNG

MotionWindow.PNG.75d3169457ff99746f62ce3d7c27bf68.PNG

On the second screenshot.

Period -> setup -> make sure it is configured 7 days a week, from 0 to 24h.

You have "record channel" ticked. Just on the right you have "Setup", go in there, and make sure it is configured that motion on channel 6 actually triggers recording on channel 6.

For tests, mark the check on "Buzzer" on the bottom, so the DVR will "beep" when there is motion on the channel, and you will know it is detecting motion ok.

I got it all worked out. Apparently the Smart PSS software running on my pc the entire time was causing the camera to record another channel when motion was detected. This setting was only evident when looking at the camera configurations on SmartPss.

I believe that's why I kept having this problem even after a factory reset.