Sign in to follow this  
sluggomagoo

Zmodo VMS Video Monitoring Client alternatives.

I purchased 4 of the Zmodo KDS4-BARBZ4ZN. Each has a hard drive and 4 CCTV cams.

On my LAN I have two ways to access my cams, either using IE or NVMS-Net Video monitoring Platform v5.2.0.

I'm looking for alternative software suggestions.

I purchased 4 of the Zmodo KDS4-BARBZ4ZN. Each has a hard drive and 4 CCTV cams.

On my LAN I have two ways to access my cams, either using IE or NVMS-Net Video monitoring Platform v5.2.0.

Blue Iris is a popular platform but processor intensive. Milestone is great but has limited features in their free version.

Blue Iris is a popular platform but processor intensive. Milestone is great but has limited features in their free version.

I downloaded Blue Iris and Ispy. Neither will work with the web interface of the Zmode DVR. I didn't try Milestone.

You need to make sure you enter your the correct ip address and ports in blue iris, have you tried all the zmodo's from the dropdown...(it will not be processor intensive if you are not using it for encoding and just viewing..also those are 480tvl streams which dont require much processing)..you might want to use ipcamviewer ios/android app to scan the dvr..generally there is another make and model that has the same settings and matches up..use that dvr in the blue iris drop down..

This is a DVR recorder and the Cams have BNC connections to the back of the DVR totally a possibility of 8 cams. There are no ip addresses assigned directly to the cams.

The DVR has an RJ45 for TCP/IP network traffic

I have two ways to connect to my cams via the DVR. One is the the VMS Client and the other is IE.

When the system was configured, I left these ports set to their defaults because there's nothing else on my network using them.

http port: 80

Command Port: 5050

Media Port: 6050

Mobile Port: 7050

When I have the VMS client running I see ports 5050 and 6050 connected to my laptop.

TCP 192.168.xxx.85:53887 192.168.xxx.125:5050 ESTABLISHED

TCP 192.168.xxx.85:53888 192.168.xxx.125:6050 ESTABLISHED

When I log in with IE and connected to the DVR's web interface I get traffic on ports 80 and 5050 connected to my laptop.

TCP 192.168.xxx.85:61584 192.168.xxx.126:80 TIME_WAIT

TCP 192.168.xxx.85:61585 192.168.xxx.126:5050 ESTABLISHED

Once I start viewing the cams I start getting traffic on port 6050

TCP 192.168.xxx.85:61586 192.168.xxx.126:6050 ESTABLISHED

Edited by Guest

This is a DVR recorder and the Cams have BNC connections to the back of the DVR totally a possibility of 8 cams. There are no ip addresses assigned directly to the cams.

The DVR has an RJ45 for TCP/IP network traffic

I have two ways to connect to my cams via the DVR. One is the the VMS Client and the other is IE.

When the system was configured, I left these ports set to their defaults because there's nothing else on my network using them.

http port: 80

Command Port: 5050

Media Port: 6050

Mobile Port: 7050

When I have the VMS client running I see ports 5050 and 6050 connected to my laptop.

TCP 192.168.xxx.85:53887 192.168.xxx.125:5050 ESTABLISHED

TCP 192.168.xxx.85:53888 192.168.xxx.125:6050 ESTABLISHED

When I log in with IE and connected to the DVR's web interface I get traffic on ports 80 and 5050 connected to my laptop.

TCP 192.168.xxx.85:61584 192.168.xxx.126:80 TIME_WAIT

TCP 192.168.xxx.85:61585 192.168.xxx.126:5050 ESTABLISHED

Once I start viewing the cams I start getting traffic on port 6050

TCP 192.168.xxx.85:61585 192.168.xxx.126:6050 ESTABLISHED

It doesn't matter that the dvr is analog...it still sends a separate stream for each camera...you first need to find a compatible model or test with the zomodo models..enter 80 for http port and 6050 for media port.

Strange using Make/Model: Zmodo ISV-BFS23NM,PKD-PK4216 I got it working using the media/video/rtsp port set as 7050 which is the mobile port on the DVR. All other Zmodo Make/Models didn't work on 6050. There's hundreds of other make/models and I'd be here until next Christmas trying to find one that work.

Strange using Make/Model: Zmodo ISV-BFS23NM,PKD-PK4216 I got it working using the media/video/rtsp port set as 7050 which is the mobile port on the DVR. All other Zmodo Make/Models didn't work on 6050. There's hundreds of other make/models and I'd be here until next Christmas trying to find one that work.

thats why i recommended using ipcamviewer that has the ability to scan the ip address and give you a list of compatible models.

I didn't find ipcamviewer anyware for Window 7. I did find IP Camera Viewer. As far as I can tell, IP Camera Viewer doesn't support Zmodo DVRs. I tried scanning on all ports and it won't work.

Its an android or ios app by robert chou, you are just using it to find compatible models...its a great remove view app as well

I got Ip Cam Viewer going. I liked it so much I paid for it. Works great and looks nicer than Zviewer too. It didn't help me with Blue Iris setup. I'm still stuck with port 7050. One of the points with replacing the VMS software is to be able to look at the videos on the DVR and I can't seem to do that with anything but VMS and the Web Servers on the units.

Its an android or ios app by robert chou, you are just using it to find compatible models...its a great remove view app as well

I got Ip Cam Viewer going. I liked it so much I paid for it. Works great and looks nicer than Zviewer too. It didn't help me with Blue Iris setup. I'm still stuck with port 7050. One of the points with replacing the VMS software is to be able to look at the videos on the DVR and I can't seem to do that with anything but VMS and the Web Servers on the units.

I thought you said you got it working with 7050..whats the problem?

I thought you said you got it working with 7050..whats the problem?

I can only view the cams. There's no management interface to manage the DVR settings or view recorded videos from the DVR.

Blue iris will not allow you to manage the DVR...it just pulls streams...it cannot manage any DVR/NVR or camera..simply pulls streams(and control ptz as ir/on off on some cameras)..its designed to be its own nvr...You will not find software to manage your DVR, you need to use the Zmodo's