jtinternet

standalone DVR software change? (bug sends email / 10 min)

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any pointer you could provide.

I have spent dozens of hours trying to figure out the notification email function upon motion detection - but to no avail. Basically, I don't get any email notification upon motion detection but rather, I'd get an email every 10 minutes (almost on the minute).

Finally, I came upon this post that pretty much said it is a software issue with no workaround. (http://nightowltechsupport.com/article.php?id=247)

Quick background on the system:

- I am not sure what the brand is. User manual simply says

"Standalone Digital Video Recorder", "Premium DVR 4, 8, 16 Channel Models", and "Made in Korea". There are no branding or markings on the DVR itself

- I have 8 wired cameras connected to the DVR, which has a 2TB drive. Recording, remote live view and playback all work well

- I use CMS 2.22.16 on PC for viewing. iPhone uses mViewer. Both work well

- DVR software version is 2.21.13. I am not sure exactly what exactly the software is, but do see an option for "upgrade"

I am wondering if you have experienced a similar problem and have had success in fixing it?

I thought about looking into changing out the operating system of the DVR, but not sure where to start or if such package (open source?) is even available. Worst case scenario is to look into changing the DVR itself that does not have such bug (and that the motion detection notification works properly).

Again, your input is greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays.

You cannot change the operating system in the dvr..at best you can update the firmware if you could figure out the model....im guessing you just have something set incorrectly...

thanks for ruling out the possibility of getting another OS to run the DVR.

any suggestions on finding out the brand / manufacturer? (I cannot find my installer).

I am wondering if this is a "generic" system that gets manufactured and then branded individually by distributors. I have seen user manuals with almost the same exact layout, title and content from another retailer. However I wasn't able to get the firmware upgrade (via USB) to load in my DVR.

Scout DVR in pakistan are not working in static IP fields. reason is that scout DVR is name used by the distributer while it actualy uses hikvision .

question is that can i change the OS n whre to search that wich OS can b instaled in scout dvrs which suports IP access

any expert there, plz point out the solution