quovadis

SET UP ISSUE DVR (HELP REQUIRED)

Hi, trying to set up a DVR with the help of my ISP ... done the static side and the port forwarding .... and also I can do a ping test either connected to the router by cable or wirelessly and all packets received Ok ..... when I go to Internet Explorer 11 ( I am running 8.1 ) I type in the DVR address and Explorer asks if its Ok to run the software , I say yes , but it then says the app is not available and for me to check in the apps store ? what should happen is that it should install the software to view the DVR .... I do have the software on a CD so installed it manually , but still I get the same message ... any ideas ???

Have you tried setting this up on an alternative PC separately? I am not sure what the issue is with yours, but it can be your PC itself.

and I mean a hardware issue. I am not a computing wizard and subscribe to a support service for such matters, they tried and failed to resolve this matter on a client's machine and even their best techs couldn't resolve it after 16 hours on this issue.

First eliminate there being an issue with the DVR by trying on another PC. If it works on another PC don't waste your time re installing your operating system, you will need to replace your PC ( UGH ! ) Sorry for the negative news but I have suffered this issue also and it was the PC hardware.

Correction, I remember now that it would load no problem in safe mode but otherwise we had to give up.

sorry for the vagueness!

Edited by Guest

Most likely the dvr is not compatible with IE11...easy fix, before typing in the ip address hit f12..then you have the option to run in emulation mode...drop down to ie9 or ie8..then login to the dvr.