dallasjava

Looking For Hikvision NVR Recommendation

Hello. I'm trying to select the right Hikvision NVR. I would like to get an 8 channel model. I live in the US so it needs to be US plug. Can someone recommend the best place to buy? There are hundreds of listings on aliexpress. There are also some on amazon as well.

Hello. I'm trying to select the right Hikvision NVR. I would like to get an 8 channel model. I live in the US so it needs to be US plug. Can someone recommend the best place to buy? There are hundreds of listings on aliexpress. There are also some on amazon as well.

Depends on whether you care for a warranty or not. Aliexpress will be the cheapest place but only an authorized retailer will give you a warranty. Although some of the sites selling them that are "unauthorized" still honor some sort of warranty.

So you're okay without a warranty. Are you also okay not having access to firmware upgrades?

http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/Press-Release-details.asp?id=2680

yes, the OP said no warranty is fine..firmware upgrades will always be available via the forums and third party sources...if you are buying many cameras then you can insure yourself against any failure by the money you will save...

In fact you can even buy one or two extra to have around this way you dont have any downtime for repair...