Sign in to follow this  
tng5737

Unable to upgrade either with configTool or USB with bin's

I have a Dahua NVR3216V which I am unable to upgrade using either USB or the ConfigTool methods. I have tried various bin files. Current firmware levels are soft.: 2.610.WI00.0 and web 2.1.7.72 with build date of 2012-12-18. My seller no longer has a contract with Dahua and is unable or unwilling to offer assistance. The NVR was re-branded as ESC-NVR3216V. I am able to Telnet into the nvr and look at the log "printf-xxxxxxxxxx.txt" files and I find that it appears to be failing the Vendor check in the install.lua the log does not tell me what the actual vendor value in the NVR is - just that it fails the check. I have a RS232 Serial interface on order so that I can diagnose this further. Has anyone else run into this issue? I guess it is possible that the seller changed the vendor code but how and where is it? More importantly WHY would you want to do this?

Thanks in advance

I finally got the upgrade to work by changing the port number in the ConfigTool to 3800. However the new firmware level also removed/changed the static password for root I used to access the device with telnet. Which I guess is a good thing from a security standpoint.

I finally got the upgrade to work by changing the port number in the ConfigTool to 3800. However the new firmware level also removed/changed the static password for root I used to access the device with telnet. Which I guess is a good thing from a security standpoint.

Was it 3800 or 38000? I wish I would have seen this earlier; I could have pointed you in the right direction and dropped what you needed in your lap.

It was 3800 If you do a port scan on the nvr you'll see that it is open It seems odd that the upgrade would work thru THAT port but not the default 37777 port but it DID work - saved me from having to TFTP