BeachCCTV

Snapshot email on Qsee QC series NVR

I've got a Qsee QC8116 NVR that I am using to replace an old QT series DVR. On my old DVR I am using external motion sensors that trigger alarm inputs. They are far more reliable than video motion detection. I also have hard alarm inputs for doorbells and other triggers. The alarm inputs trigger an email that contains three snapshots: one at the point of trigger (or slightly before) and then two one second apart.

I am having a hard time getting the QC NVR to replicate the snapshot functionality in email. Everything works good on the alarm trigger, but the QC will only send one photo in the email. It is also super annoying that they have a 3 minute minimum hard coded between emails.

The manuals seem to imply that the snapshot frequency setting will determine the number of snapshots taken, when the snapshot functionality is referenced. I've seen past posts that imply this number might only apply to FTP, but others indicating lower quality could fix it. I've tried a dozen different combinations, but have not been successful at anything more than one snapshot being sent on the QC. I've tried it in motion detect and alarm trigger and I get the same behavior. The manual snapshot does result in X number of photos, based on the manual setting, but that is a different setting altogether.

Has anyone been successful at getting more than one photo in an email (or multiple emails)? Anyone been successful at lowering the 3 minute email send minimum?

Thanks,

Mike

I too have the same complaints after "upgrading" from the QT to the QC series. I spent WAY too much time on the phone with tech support to address this and was unsuccessful. I was given a private firmware update which did not improve my situation.

Have you had any success since your post with either the number of pics attached to email or the 3 minute hard coded delay?