Stanley47

Samsung DVR SVR-960C - Remote network setup (iPOLis) issues

Hey guys,

I need some help from the experts. I've been trying to setup my DVR for 3 weeks now but not having much luck. The DVR I am setting up for home security is a 'Samsung DVR SVR-960C'.

I'm trying to setup remote viewing via Samsung iPOLiS but on the DVR setup page I see DDNS Status showing as 'Registration failed', when I go to Samsung iPOLiS site 'http://www.samsungipolis.com/?????' (where ????? is my Product ID I created on the iPOLis site) I get an ‘IP is not registered. Please register device.’ message on the screen. I am using Internet Explorer IE9. I have tried Google Chrome and I get the same message.

I have checked my router (Orange Bright box) and have setup Port Forwarding. Having looked around on the net and checking the useless material provided by Samsung, I see there are two PORTS which need to be opened up on the router.

1) Webviewer Port is configured for port forwarding: Accessing through the web browser is possible but video is not received since the (this is the second port) for video data communication is not configured for port forwarding.

2) Port(TCP) is configured for port forwarding: Accessing through the web browser is impossible since the (this is the first port, above) for the communication is not configured for port forwarding.

So both PORTS need to be configured on the router to allow remote viewing.

On my setup screen on the DVR I can only see one Port field where I can enter a PORT number, I have used PORT 4000 as this is the default PORT – I am guessing this is the Webviewer Port . If this is the case then what will be my other Port for Video – Data communication Port(TCP) . I see no other port number or a field where I can enter a PORT.

I have checked via ‘http://www.canyouseeme.org/’ to see if my PORT is open. The check shows PORT 4000 (configured as Protocol Type ‘ TCP’ in my router setup) is open but if I set it as Protocol Type ‘UDP’ in my router setup it shows an error – should PORT 4000 be configured as Protocol Type ‘ TCP’?

I would really like to hear from anyone who has experience of setting Samsung DVR’s up, especially the SVR series or anyone who owns one of these DVR’s. If you can help please reply as I’m getting very stressed and annoyed with Samsung – I called them but was told as I’m not a Company they cannot assist me. I just wish I never bought this Samsung product.

I also tried to update the firmware of the DVR but no luck. My current firmware version is 1.4.0, the latest version is 1.10.19. I have tried two USB drives to update the software and on both occasions it says ‘File read error’. I am placing the file (unzipped) in the root folder of the USB drive but it still fails to read the file.

Final question, Is anyone using the Samsung iPOLiS mobile app for Android / iPhone with the SVR series of Samsung DVRs? Does it work?

Any help / pointers will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Stanley

Hi, were you able to sort this out? I have Samsung Srn-472s and I can view on the LAN but using IPOLIS is saying IP not registered?

Any tips on what you did?

Ed

Hey guys,

I need some help from the experts. I've been trying to setup my DVR for 3 weeks now but not having much luck. The DVR I am setting up for home security is a 'Samsung DVR SVR-960C'.

I'm trying to setup remote viewing via Samsung iPOLiS but on the DVR setup page I see DDNS Status showing as 'Registration failed', when I go to Samsung iPOLiS site 'http://www.samsungipolis.com/?????' (where ????? is my Product ID I created on the iPOLis site) I get an ‘IP is not registered. Please register device.’ message on the screen. I am using Internet Explorer IE9. I have tried Google Chrome and I get the same message.

I have checked my router (Orange Bright box) and have setup Port Forwarding. Having looked around on the net and checking the useless material provided by Samsung, I see there are two PORTS which need to be opened up on the router.

1) Webviewer Port is configured for port forwarding: Accessing through the web browser is possible but video is not received since the (this is the second port) for video data communication is not configured for port forwarding.

2) Port(TCP) is configured for port forwarding: Accessing through the web browser is impossible since the (this is the first port, above) for the communication is not configured for port forwarding.

So both PORTS need to be configured on the router to allow remote viewing.

On my setup screen on the DVR I can only see one Port field where I can enter a PORT number, I have used PORT 4000 as this is the default PORT – I am guessing this is the Webviewer Port . If this is the case then what will be my other Port for Video – Data communication Port(TCP) . I see no other port number or a field where I can enter a PORT.

I have checked via ‘http://www.canyouseeme.org/’ to see if my PORT is open. The check shows PORT 4000 (configured as Protocol Type ‘ TCP’ in my router setup) is open but if I set it as Protocol Type ‘UDP’ in my router setup it shows an error – should PORT 4000 be configured as Protocol Type ‘ TCP’?

I would really like to hear from anyone who has experience of setting Samsung DVR’s up, especially the SVR series or anyone who owns one of these DVR’s. If you can help please reply as I’m getting very stressed and annoyed with Samsung – I called them but was told as I’m not a Company they cannot assist me. I just wish I never bought this Samsung product.

I also tried to update the firmware of the DVR but no luck. My current firmware version is 1.4.0, the latest version is 1.10.19. I have tried two USB drives to update the software and on both occasions it says ‘File read error’. I am placing the file (unzipped) in the root folder of the USB drive but it still fails to read the file.

Final question, Is anyone using the Samsung iPOLiS mobile app for Android / iPhone with the SVR series of Samsung DVRs? Does it work?

Any help / pointers will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Stanley