Sign in to follow this  
McDiesel

Nuvico HD Pack? HD IP Package

Feeling like IP Cameras and HD were the way to go and having had excellent results with Nuvico Hardware for years I installed a NP-P402 for a client. Its a cool setup with a 2Tb NVR, 4 cameras and a PoE supply that feeds the cameras through the DVR. The picture quality is very sharp...

I never had any trouble getting the analog stuff setup and usually no issues with the network or DDNS. I have felt like the software was the low point for all things Nuvico with the various applications erroring out but usually just go back into the program and get it done or see if they posted an updated version and try that.

Anyways i wanted to see if anyone else had installed an HD Pack? In the one I did I finally figured out how to get the masking setup although the software forced you to use Internet Explorer (no other browsers supported) and the security settings need opened up as well as an ADD ON needed installed called WebACS. In the process of setting up the DVR via the browser IE crashed constantly and many operations needed to be done over and over until configured and saved as a browser crash wiped out everything I thought I had accomplished. Tried this on multiple computers, Win7 and Win8 and have the same results.

My client is concerned because pulling up the search to playback motion events does not work for him. He asked if I gave up on the masking and I explained I had spent many (unbilled) hours getting it all figured out and it should be fine. When i logged back in to check, the masking was not set as i had left it and again with IE blowing up there seems no resolution. I have reached out to Nuvico support which has been pretty helpful in the past but they claim nobody else is having this trouble so I wanted to see if anyone here would want to share their experience.

Thanks