mstoetz1

DS-7608NI-SE/P 8 - Connecting Cameras to other than POE port

A friend just purchased a Hikvision NVR (DS-7608NI-SE/P 8 ) and wanted to connect cameras to it via its LAN network rather than run all 8 cameras through the walls (and 8 cables) and connect to its 8 POE ports on the back.

It was easier to put a separate POE switch in the garage and run all cameras to the switch out there and just one one cable back to the NVR inside the house.

However, this model appears to lock the use of 8 cameras only to its POE ports and not let you use the LAN.

Please let me know how can get the NVR to find and use the cameras on the LAN instead of just the internal POE ports?

Thank you!

A friend just purchased a Hikvision NVR (DS-7608NI-SE/P 8 ) and wanted to connect cameras to it via its LAN network rather than run all 8 cameras through the walls (and 8 cables) and connect to its 8 POE ports on the back.

It was easier to put a separate POE switch in the garage and run all cameras to the switch out there and just one one cable back to the NVR inside the house.

However, this model appears to lock the use of 8 cameras only to its POE ports and not let you use the LAN.

Please let me know how can get the NVR to find and use the cameras on the LAN instead of just the internal POE ports?

Thank you!

Set the ip range of the poe switch in the unused ip range of your modem. So it's something like this 192.168.1.40 - 192.168.1.80 in your modem and 192.168.1.90- 192.168.1.100 in your poe switch.

But why would you want to view it directly from the cameras. Most nvr has direct access the configuration of the cameras.

But why would you want to view it directly from the cameras. Most nvr has direct access the configuration of the cameras.

Thanks for the reply.. we actually didn't want to view direct. It was because it was easier to run all the network cables to the garage for all cameras and just run one network cable to where the NVR is, in the livingroom of the house. I didn't want 8 cables running to the NVR just for esthetic reasons (since we ran the cable on the outside of the house)

We have standalone POE switch in the garage.

Thanks for the reply.. we actually didn't want to view direct. It was because it was easier to run all the network cables to the garage for all cameras and just run one network cable to where the NVR is, in the livingroom of the house. I didn't want 8 cables running to the NVR just for esthetic reasons (since we ran the cable on the outside of the house)

We have standalone POE switch in the garage.

you can absolutely do this with your NVR..you can enter the ip address manually.

This is one of the biggest benefits of using ip systems..you dont need to homerun everything.

Did you get your question answered? I am looking at buying a 7608ni but want to make sure it will work. I am putting 4 cameras in a house. 4 in a garage. And connecting the house to garage via a wireless bridge.

I want to make sure the NVR will see all cameras and function properly

Thanks

Bill

Did you get your question answered? I am looking at buying a 7608ni but want to make sure it will work. I am putting 4 cameras in a house. 4 in a garage. And connecting the house to garage via a wireless bridge.

I want to make sure the NVR will see all cameras and function properly

Thanks

Bill

Hi, yes we did. The suggestions were correct. We just had to enter the camera IP's manually.

I really like the Hikvision NVR.. and at some point would like to trade my Dahua in for a Hikvision.