Elmerfuddude

What is the IP address on this _ _ _ thing???

Hey guys, this might be an odvious answer for someone. So in which case I could use that one persons help.

I have a china made ELP-IP1881 ip camera. I had it hooked up and working long ago. It has pretty good picture quality.

It runs on Ethernet cable. With a separate 12v pigtail. I am running the most current version of windows 7.

My question is, how do I determine what the IP address is? It could be almost anything. Exe. 192.168.40.x or 192.168.33.x

Stock it was 192.168.1.10 but I changed it on the camera long ago (different network), I have since then changed my network number so much I could not even guess what I might of changed it to. My current IP address is 192.168.20.x My default gateway is 192.168.20.1

So here is my setup. I have an old linksy router (wrt54-bg, I think). I disconnected from my home network and hard wires directly from PC to the router to the camera. And started changing the ip of the router and "release/ renew" my PC IP address it attempt to hopefully find the correct network this camera is on. And with no luck might I add.

I have tried "ipconfig/ all" also tried "ipconfig" from the command prompt.

I am open to any suggestions. Thanks guys.

Oops. Sorry I now realize that i posted this in the wrong section. I originally posted form my iPhone. And I am not real sure real sure as to how to "move" it.

Anyways,

Thanks boogieman for the help.... but that did not work. The "Advanced IP" that i downloaded did show everything that was on my network. but it did not show the camera. Would that be because the camera has a different network number? Cause that's my problem i don't know what network number "series" (?) it is so that I can set my router to match it so that i can log into my router to check my DHCP list and get the IP address of the camera so that i can log in to the camera and change it...... my 4th grade English teacher is rolling over in her grave.

I had assumed you were already using the camera and changed the ip to match your subnet...

The default should be 192.168.1.10

So you either need to change your router or connect the camera directly to your pc, temporarily change your pc network adapters ipv4 setting to 192.168.1.1 and you will be able to hit the camera to change the ip address.

Thats my problem. i dont know what it is to log in to change it to match my subnet. Its not set at default i changed it long ago and dont remember wht i changed it to.

But i do love the fing app. thanks!

Thats my problem. i dont know what it is to log in to change it to match my subnet. Its not set at default i changed it long ago and dont remember wht i changed it to.

But i do love the fing app. thanks!

Well then you wont be able to use the camera anyway...unless you can figure out how to reset it..

So is there no way to figure out what the ip address is on the camera?

You can try the popular subnets beginning with the defualt I posted above...you will need to connect your camera to your pc and change ipv4 or change your router settings...then run a scan.

or, see if the manufactuer has a tool to search for it, most do

According to the mfg - in order to reset you have to flash the resetconfig firmware to the camera. Did the cam come with any software. Perhaps the tools you need are included with the software. If you Google for 'how to reset ELP-IP1881' you can easily find the mfg website. They have contact info there - perhaps they will send you the needed firmware and software. The are many net scanners out there - particularly if you have a smart phone or tablet. That would be the easiest way to find your ip addr and port. Of course you could also setup Wireshark on a pc and watch the traffic as you boot the cam up. If you do that you'll want to isolate the pc and the camera to their own lan to cut down on the amount of traffic you'll have to wade thru.

Note: 1)This IP camera default IP address: 192.168.1.10

user name: admin password: empty(no password)

Yes, after an hour of digging i found the disc "tng5737". " title="Applause" />

i am going to try to hook the camera up directly to my PC and change the PCs IP to 192.168.1.1 and try again. and try using the disc to flash the camera as you mentioned.

But as I said before 1) it does not have stock IP address

2) I do not have its current IP address (the point of this post)

3) I have tried most of the common IP address i could think of

4) was hoping there was an easier way to find its IP address

5) as far as i know unless the camera and my computer/ router share the same subnet i can search with a bloodhound or a tablet or the neighbors wife and it wont matter cause i will not find it... the camera.

Thanks guys for the help. ^^^ was meant as sarcasm.... sorry i have a weird sense of humor.

You are incorrect, if you have the manufacturers disc and it contains software to locate the camera, it generally can find cameras on other subnets...just like hikvisions SADP does...you can just hook the camera to the network and run a search with no other mods.

Thanks guys!!! We can call this problem CLOSED! we have gotten it. Thanks for all the help. As boogie an said and others suggested, I installed the software and did a simple search and voila! Like it appeared out our thin air. Ip was 192.168.27.116

Thanks again to all that posted and offered help. Hope I can at some point offer someone else help in the near future.

Here's a copy of the software if anyone needed.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gl76whsbz76o57n/ELP-IP1881.zip

This does has a nice interface for the price, first I barely can read the DVD software provided and ELP website download doesn't have the software available to download. So I upload it hope it helps.

Anyways I don't get the camera to public to access it remotely yet.

Media Port: 34567 HTTP Port 93 Onvifport 8899

Router IP 172.18.1.1 ip range it's set to 172.18.1.120 static

I open port 34567, 93 and 554 but still couldn't access it remotely via http?

Thinking about to return this thing. I have three other Foscam IP cameras are working.

284377_1.jpg