jprzybilla

Can I connect my DVR to my old annalog TV?

Received my Swann SWDVR4-4200 today with a Swann PRO-980 camera.

Is it possible to connect this DVR to my analog TV? It has only RCA & coaxial inputs.

I thought I could hold off on purchasing a low cost LCD monitor until I can become more financially sound.

Thank you,

jprzybilla

YEs you can for bridge two gear via coaxial cable.

I guess I don't fully understand how to connect this bridge two gear cable. The only video outputs I have on my DVR are: HDMI & VGA.

Thanks, that's what I had figured, but I'm uncertain what type of video signal my DVR outputs, whether analog or some other signal.

This way I'll know whether I need a signal converter for the VGA to RCA.

I apologize for my ignorance.

I do appreciate the help thus far.

Yes, and the cables. VGA cable from DVR to adapter; the "VGA to video" adapter; RCA cable from the adapter to your TV.

You are looking for something like this (a moment of spam; that is our web site):

http://www.securame.com/convertidor-video-vga-rca-bnc-svideo-tv502a-vga-to-video-p-473.html

We sell this product, something like that is all you would need, since it already comes with the VGA and RCA cables.

I was looking around my A/V system, I have my DVD player/recorder, with a built in HDD with one S Video input free, will connecting the DVR to my S Video input of my DVD player work? I will still need an adapter for VGA from DVR to S Video to my DVD player.