larryking

Samsung NVR SRN-4000 Admin password error

Hi everyone thanks for checking out this post,

I have searched everywhere before creating a new post so apologies if this has been asked already.

I have purchased a Samsung SRN-4000 NVR and during the initial setup selected language, date and time, timezone and then created a password of which i confirmed. Skipping any further setup and camera discovery.

After leaving the system for about an hour and returning the password that i believed I used is not working.

It appears the password that i used is too long and the final two characters are now not being accepted at log in which is odd as i confirmed it during its creation. I have tried all possible combinations of the password where I may have overwritten the final characters as well as default samsung passwords "4321" "pwd" "password" etc

Is there a factory reset or anyway of being able to access the menu system?

Regards

Jason

update :

I have had no luck with contacting samsung support in America, Korea, Australia so far no one has got back to me.

All product descriptions though say that in the interface there is a reset switch. I assume this returns the machine to factory settings and would clear the password for me which is what I am after. There is nothing in the manuals about with the exception of the attached images. There is a socket that says "Console" on the back of the machine that looks to accept a jack.

The manuals do not label this "Console" jack, except to say [CONSOLE - is designed for service repair purposes only]

Is this the reset switch? Does it require a jack to be plugged in while the machine is on to create a short? I do not wish to cause any damage though so far this is as far as I have come.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

SAMSUNG1.jpg.0ac6842ff4dc2c7e498b65aac86efcb0.jpg

SAMSUNG2.jpg.c3ce3e44ff3d2087e5f483edd7cb4f8c.jpg

SAMSUNG3.jpg.e8ff0d09a0598c18baaa5b31e66a2bd9.jpg

Hi,

Sorry you haven't been able to get an answer, I am from Samsung Security in Australia and I haven't had any enquiries about this through, so I am not sure who you spoke to.

Anyway, you are almost there with your image, the reset button is to the right of the console port and to the left of the Network 4 port. Hold it in for 10 seconds and release, it will reset everything to default, however you will lose everything you had on it and won't be able to recover it.

I would have added an image for you, but it is refusing everything I try and upload.

Regards

Fraser

Hi

I appear to have the same issue as LarryKing but with an SRN-472S NVR. I purchased it brand new and started setting it up. I set a login password and IP information, I then shut it down to continue the next day and couldn't login.

Like LarryKing the login box didn't appear to accept the whole of my password, it stopped accepting more than about 7 digits and my password was longer?? Is there a maximum limit?

How can I perform a Factory reset without being able to login??

Any Help is much appreciated!

Kind Regards

Lee

Hi! i have the same problem, but apparently different model. I forgot the password for my samsung SRN-1000. anybody knows how to reset it so it restore default. is the switch from SRN-4000 is the same in SRN-100?

hoping for anybody to help and will very appreciated. thanks!

Hi! i have the same problem, but apparently different model. I forgot the password for my samsung SRN-1000. anybody knows how to reset it so it restore default. is the switch from SRN-4000 is the same in SRN-100?

hoping for anybody to help and will very appreciated. thanks!

There should be a pin hole reset on the back.

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/801931-admin-password-reset-on-samsung-dvr

Hi everyone thanks for checking out this post,

I have searched everywhere before creating a new post so apologies if this has been asked already.

I have purchased a Samsung SRN-4000 NVR and during the initial setup selected language, date and time, timezone and then created a password of which i confirmed. Skipping any further setup and camera discovery.

After leaving the system for about an hour and returning the password that i believed I used is not working.

It appears the password that i used is too long and the final two characters are now not being accepted at log in which is odd as i confirmed it during its creation. I have tried all possible combinations of the password where I may have overwritten the final characters as well as default samsung passwords "4321" "pwd" "password" etc

Is there a factory reset or anyway of being able to access the menu system?

Regards

Jason

for a samsung SRN-472S factory reset try the following from the remote:

FREEZE ALARM FREEZE ALARM FREEZE RETURN

d