Esinem

DDNS: Do I need to add any in the MX record?

I'm failing to get email alerts from my Avtech KPD679. I can view via the web but haven't found any way to get emails. I have tried various email systems, my email info and DVR info in user/password but nothing. I see No-Ip has an option for setting up MX records. Do I need to do this? Is there anything in my TP-Link Archer C7 that might need configuring?

Totally baffled Help much appreciated

Setting up email requires you to have an email account on a server somewhere and all the email client settings input into the dvr. Basically, the dvr is acting like a mail client and sending you email that way. So you're essentially setting up an email client, which if you've not done before is going to require some Internet searching and reading.

Many thanks. I got it sending alert emails eventually but unfortunately all I get is a mail saying "Trigger Occur" telling me "If you see this then your email client is not mime / MHTML compliant" and either with a player page with no parameters or files that look for a Video Player file. EaglesEyes shows nothing under Event Triggers. I'm guessing it doesn't know where to look (my DVR has 2 drives). I can't figure out how to tell it where to look for the video. Is there a path setting somewhere?

Many thanks. I got it sending alert emails eventually but unfortunately all I get is a mail saying "Trigger Occur" telling me "If you see this then your email client is not mime / MHTML compliant" and either with a player page with no parameters or files that look for a Video Player file. EaglesEyes shows nothing under Event Triggers. I'm guessing it doesn't know where to look (my DVR has 2 drives). I can't figure out how to tell it where to look for the video. Is there a path setting somewhere?
How are you looking at the email? It seems to be sending you the right info, but your email client can't see it right for some reason.

I'm using Gmail to send and Outlook to view but I see the same issue in the Gmail sent msgs. All these fields are blank in the alert:

User Name : Password : Channel : Start Time : End Time :

Overall the instructions leave a lot of guess work. For example, the settings require a user name and p/w or IP but they never say which one, e.g. email login, router login, no-ip login, DVR login?

I'm using Gmail to send and Outlook to view but I see the same issue in the Gmail sent msgs. All these fields are blank in the alert:

User Name : Password : Channel : Start Time : End Time :

Overall the instructions leave a lot of guess work. For example, the settings require a user name and p/w or IP but they never say which one, e.g. email login, router login, no-ip login, DVR login?

Can you post a screen shot of the email setup screen? I should be able to tell you what to put in the fields or at least check if they're right.

OK, some improvement. The screen now seems to have an event time but still no video

Here's what I get: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8mM_ZOwwovNS3dOU1VaOWF5SmZTQ0Ewb2tNU3Z4cHJ4cktN/view?usp=sharing

I'm guessing the problem is that it doesn't know where to find the file.

In Video Viewer, whilst Events are recorded, in spite of lots of trigger events, I get nothing in the main Event Trigger listing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8mM_ZOwwovNeVQ3N3VoMjU4TGs/view?usp=sharing

Although, notifications do appear here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8mM_ZOwwovNZnNFV1RjSVA4eDA/view?usp=sharing

Should Information be blank? Am I wrong in thinking I should I be able to access the video from these listings?

I'm not sure if something isn't configured correctly in your dvr, but that's what it looks like to me.