Sign in to follow this  
Excalibur

Hikvision NVR model variations

Currently I'm awaiting my first IP cam to turn up in the mail but in the meantime I'm studying NVR. I'm 99% certain I'll go with Hikvision for all the parts of the system so it's a case of sorting through and understanding some of the model differences.

On my shortlist I have a Hikvision NVR DS-76 series 8ch 8POE. It looks like a good piece of kit and a great price.

Also for the subject of compare is a Hikvision 8ch NVR 4POE DS-7608NI-SE/P

The key things I'm seeing as different is the DS-7608NI-SE/P has only 4 POE though it has 'two way audio'. Playback res is 5mp against DS-76 series with 6mp. In addition the DS-76 series has something called IPC smart functions which look great according to Mr.Google.

I suppose what is perplexing is why the one with apparently the least features/spec is more expensive (incl ship) by $80. Both the NVR are on Aliexpress from different vendors. Can post links if requested.

What am I missing?? Comments/chat invited & appreciated. Thanks.

So... If I understand right, you are comparing "DS-76 series" against "DS-7608NI-SE/P"?

I am sure you must have noticed that "DS-7608NI-SE/P" begins with "DS-76". So you are comparing a given unit, against a series of many units, including itself?

Thanks for the reply. Ok I need to put links up for the two in question otherwise I could never do justice by merely explaining. It strikes me as odd that there'd be such a big price difference when it appears the two are from the same family of Hikvision NVR. When things don't add up, I get suspicious. I'm sure there's an explanation but I'm not seeing it.

CCTV CAMERA CHINA DS-76 series $199.90 + $60.17 ship =$260.07

Dragoneye DS-7608NI-SE/P $343 incl ship

Both the two models have numerous sellers offering them. To add to my confusion I find there is also a DS-78 series NVR. Is there a flow chart online with all the models showing features they have or haven't got?

First one doesn't even say which one they are selling. I would assume the cheapest, which might be DS-7608NI-SE/P.

Second one is DS-7608NI-E2/P, even if the picture says DS-7608NI-SE/P.

Ah, no wonder I'm confused. I need more info on models. Will do another Google snoop around and try to pin down the differences.

Ok, to help solve the mystery I've had a bit of a scratch around...

The DS-76 as it's simply known does not appear on Hikvision.com. Nearest product is DS-7600 series however the product spec does not match. I was unable to find it on Ebay though elsewhere and outside of Aliexpress the DS-76 is offered for sale.

At this moment I think it's a Chinese Hikvision product adapted specifically for Aliexpress?? This could mean that firmware updates may be a problem, just like the Hik IP cams from the same source.

On the plus side of the ledger for the DS-76 I note the seller has 100% feedback covering 95 votes/82 orders. This appears fairly impressive in its' own right and even more so when compared to other sellers.

BTW, my new IP cam has landed in my country. That's 14 days after buying it and 9 days since China post pickup.

Hoping for early next week delivery..

I feel like a kid with a new toy.

You do not understand Hikvision models... There is no such thing as a "DS-76" unit. When you hear someone talk about DS-76 series, they mean any unit that has a name like DS-76xx. It might be DS-7604 (4ch), DS-7608 (8ch), DS-7616 (16ch), etc. And after the numbers, you will get some letters. Those letters also mean something, different models on the series (like the P means it has POE ports).

So of course you will not find information about "DS-76", because such unit does not exist.