Hi,

First time here, and I know its how most people join a forum by asking a question but here goes:

I have a customer who has moved premises, he currently has a very old Analog DVR system which has basically fell apart. The Cameras are fine but the system is a bit too old.

He has two sites which he needs to monitor, he wants to keep his current Cameras and use IP cameras at his new site. So Im looking for a Hybrid system I reckon.

So need a system that can handle the current cameras and connect to two remote IP cams over the internet.

Any recommendations are welcome.

Just to add to this Im new to CCTV Im a PC tech by trade. I have setup IP cams in the past and have some at home.

TO make this more complicated my boss has informed me that the customer requires that the remote IP cameras can be viewed on the same system as the BNC connected Cams. They all move as well so I'm thinking this is well above my current knowledge.

So like I said any help would be welcome.

I was (am) in the exact same position as you, PC tech with next to no security/camera experience. See my own post here: http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=45019

In any case I decided that it wasn't essential for us to have the old analog (BNC connected) and the new (future) IP cameras on the same system so we are preparing to buy a new analog DVR just to replace our old/busted PC based unit (which just died this afternoon) and then we start buying IP cameras we will buy a new NVR for those.

If I decided that I must have one unit to do both I'd probably buy the Dahua unit I was looking at originally. (DH-DVR7816S-U) but as I mentioned I'm a complete novice at this stuff myself so that may be a bad decision.

Thanks for you reply. they have decided to have IP at one end and view it remotely at the other site. I will explain more when I have finished setting it up.

I was (am) in the exact same position as you, PC tech with next to no security/camera experience. See my own post here: viewtopic.php?t=45019

In any case I decided that it wasn't essential for us to have the old analog (BNC connected) and the new (future) IP cameras on the same system so we are preparing to buy a new analog DVR just to replace our old/busted PC based unit (which just died this afternoon) and then we start buying IP cameras we will buy a new NVR for those.

If I decided that I must have one unit to do both I'd probably buy the Dahua unit I was looking at originally. (DH-DVR7816S-U) but as I mentioned I'm a complete novice at this stuff myself so that may be a bad decision.

Hi. Your option is hybrid ........ Why spend money on a dvr and then have to replace again.

You would save money by either replacing each camera over time to IP or just add IP to your existing cameras

Hybrid can be both ... Or all analog or all IP