qualiture

Anyone know the brand of this Digital Surveillance Recorder?

Hi,

I recently bought a new house, in which one of the previous owners installed some camera's which are connected to the alarm system and this unmarked "Digital Surveillance Recorder":

268906_1.jpg

268906_2.jpg

As it came with no manual, I am eager to find out what make/brand it is, and ultimately if there's a manual available for this unit.

I tried googling (parts of) the serial number on the back, but to no avail...

If anyone can help me, that will be highly appreciated!

Best regards,

Robin van het Hof

Wow, an external SCSI port, really? That unit must be very old.

I really do not think it is worth your time to "learn" how it works. Seeing that it is only 4 channels, if the cameras still work fine, just buy a new DVR.

Wow, an external SCSI port, really? That unit must be very old.

I really do not think it is worth your time to "learn" how it works. Seeing that it is only 4 channels, if the cameras still work fine, just buy a new DVR.

Yeah, now you mention it... it never dawned to me actually

Well, I'll take your advise and look around in this forum to learn what would be a viable approach for me. Thanks for the insights!

The front jog wheel looks rather Sanyo / Panasonic esq?

Although I'd imagine it would be probably easier just to replace it with a newer DVR, that will also most likely give you more control over the likes of motion detection and alerts etc.

Dont dump it. First check if it powers on and if so if you know the admin password. Then if it does power on and actually do record (the hard drive is ok) you can then proceed to put it up for sale in an auction at eBay.

You would be surprised on how many people there are that are willing to pay top dollar on vintage stuff (not sure if this DVR would be old enough to qualify to be called a "Vintage Item", but in the CCTV world, its pretty old enough, at least it looks like it)

I can bet you that this DVR's top recording resolution is CIF, or probably CIF was too much back then when people were still using VCR's normally and windows 3.11 as their personal computer's operating system.

Most likely its a real time QCIF (176x120) or 7 FPS at CIF (352x240) DVR.