Sign in to follow this  
bunser

Colossus Lite help for complete dunce

Hi there. moved into a house 2 years ago with a colossus lite cctv and 4 cameras. never used it or even looked at it until now, as there have been a spate of incidents in my area and yesterday my neighbour found someone lurking in his garden. on turning on the monitor I have noticed that one of the 4 displays for each camera says 'No Camera' and is black....showing no image. I have googled and found the user instructions but they give no indication of a logical process to follow for a dunce like me (I am not exaggerating) at electrical stuff. I don't want to pay (as cant afford to) someone to come out, when it could be dead simple.....like a cable isn't plugged in. Any ideas ? Also, does anyone know how to find someone who would 'maintain' the system and maybe add more cameras to it ? Can it even have more than 4 cameras ? Thanks

Hi. Good old colossus installed 100s

Problem is your recorder is 6 to 8 years old ..... Which is not a problem ..... But does not have smartphone viewer or support

As far as a camera being down this could be as simple as been switched off from the system ...... Fuse gone in power

Quick test is to move BNC connectors on back of unit around and see if it's camera or dvr channel

Unplug all cameras and just plug 1 in at a time using only on channel

thanks for your answer tom

I moved the cables around at the back, and it is clear that the dvr channel is ok, so it must be the camera.

I also noticed that at night the red lights around the camera do not come on, so it looks like the problem is with the camera or the wiring between the camera and the connection ????? Do you know how it is possible to check which is down ? Thanks

thanks for your answer tom

I moved the cables around at the back, and it is clear that the dvr channel is ok, so it must be the camera.

I also noticed that at night the red lights around the camera do not come on, so it looks like the problem is with the camera or the wiring between the camera and the connection ????? Do you know how it is possible to check which is down ? Thanks

If the IR's are not turning on at night, and there is no substantial lighting in the area, then A, the camera is not getting any power, or B, the camera could be dead.

Your easiest way to determine this is to take one of the known working cameras down and plug into the wire going to the dead camera, if it works, then bad camera, if it doesn't, then start tracing the wire from the camera to the DVR, making sure that there's no damage to the wire