Selser

NVR - need a very low wattage unit

Hello Everyone, I am fairly new to the exciting world of NVR's. My project requires a NVR with 4 to 6 POE ports for IP cameras. The trick is finding a very low wattage NVR around 50 watts or less while running at least 4 IP cameras. Presently, my NVR draws 150 watts while running 4 IP cameras... the 150 watts is measured using a watt meter, not calculated. 2TB of information would be nice.

I could really use some suggestions,,, should I investigate a solid state NVR?

Sincerely, Selser

Kevinkoza - as stated, I used a watt meter to determine my watts...

Boogieman - what about a solid state NVR?

Kevinkoza - as stated, I used a watt meter to determine my watts...

Boogieman - what about a solid state NVR?

What do you mean by solid state NVR?

What unit are you using now?

Sorry I was asking if you use watt meter in dvr software or mains one. Also is it not better meaby use just standalone ip cameras with build in sdcard slots or ssd drives ?. I know that mobotix store footage inside the cameras and then using a client software join all of them into one system.

To measure my wattage, I used a watt meter on the 120v line going to my unit..

A FLIR NVR 300 Series - this is using 133 to 150 watts.

I believe I will have to use a SSD drive to get my watts down to below 50 watts.

I need to store a week of video using four cameras..

I hope this helps... thanks, Selser

To measure my wattage, I used a watt meter on the 120v line going to my unit..

A FLIR NVR 300 Series - this is using 133 to 150 watts.

I believe I will have to use a SSD drive to get my watts down to below 50 watts.

I need to store a week of video using four cameras..

I hope this helps... thanks, Selser

Sorry but your calculations are wrong ........ Your using the lorex unit and that is 12v 5amp

Are you using the POE from the unit ?

Why are you bothered about power ????

Do you have a reason to get it low for 4 cameras

Sorry but your calculations are wrong ........ Your using the lorex unit and that is 12v 5amp

I am not calculating but measuring the actual watts used with a watt meter. When plugged in to 120v, the FLIR/Lorex unit uses 133 to 150 watts continuously. So, I do not think I am wrong. If I am wrong, let me know.

Yes, to POE...(NVR - 12V / 5A DC and POE - 48V / 2.5A DC) I need to run the unit off of solar power energy only in some locations.. I am in the Dallas - Ft. Worth area presently working on this project, this project could expand to other areas of the USA. I will probably use a pure sine wave inverter later on as well to generate my 120V.

I have a customer who has many requirements which I have met until I go to solar power,,, this has cost me many weeks now.. Also, Lorex is in the process of providing me with the watt information for other units now.

If someone can shoot holes in anything I have stated, PLEASE DO! This is holding up my entire project..

If your camera is small one, for example, its IR LED is less than 36pcs. HDD is 2TB.

Then a 48V 2A power Supply is enough for them. Connect cameras to a POE NVR.

I am not calculating but measuring the actual watts used with a watt meter. When plugged in to 120v, the FLIR/Lorex unit uses 133 to 150 watts continuously. So, I do not think I am wrong. If I am wrong, let me know.

Yes, to POE...(NVR - 12V / 5A DC and POE - 48V / 2.5A DC) I need to run the unit off of solar power energy only in some locations.. I am in the Dallas - Ft. Worth area presently working on this project, this project could expand to other areas of the USA. I will probably use a pure sine wave inverter later on as well to generate my 120V.

I have a customer who has many requirements which I have met until I go to solar power,,, this has cost me many weeks now.. Also, Lorex is in the process of providing me with the watt information for other units now.

If someone can shoot holes in anything I have stated, PLEASE DO! This is holding up my entire project..

Just measured for fun

8 ch PoE HIK without HD 12 watts

4 ch TVI without HD about 8 watts

If your camera is small one, for example, its IR LED is less than 36pcs. HDD is 2TB.

I am testing a FLIR NVR Model # DNR308PO... It is a 8 channel POE NVR with 2TB HDD... I need to be below 50 watts.. I am between 133 to 150 watts presently...

I was hoping someone knew of a NVR that used much less wattage...

thanks, Selser

Can you measure how much unit consume without hdd ?

I have been told that is less than 15 watts without the HDD

I am testing a FLIR NVR Model # DNR308PO... It is a 8 channel POE NVR with 2TB HDD... I need to be below 50 watts.. I am between 133 to 150 watts presently...

thanks, Selser

I have at home mini PC that use 8 watt

so

Mini PC 8 watt plus 8 port POE sw about 6-8 watt plus 4 Cam PoE at about 6-7watt

u will be using about ~40-50 watt

Edited by Guest

Just measured for fun

8 ch PoE HIK without HD 12 watts

4 ch TVI without HD about 8 watts

Yes, I have been told that the unit uses less than 15 watts without the HDD,,, I need to store video data so it is either HDD or SSD.. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks, Gregg

thanks, Selser

I have at home mini PC that use 8 watt

so

Mini PC 8 watt plus 8 port POE sw about 6-8 watt plus 4 Cam PoE at about 6-7watt

u will be using about ~40-50 watt

Can you provide the model number of the Mini PC... Thanks for the info....Selser

I would like to thank ak357 for providing me with the detailed information that I needed for my project. AK357 is very knowledgeable with video hardware and software.

If you have questions, he probably will know the answer...

Thanks, Selser