Sign in to follow this  
occams_razor

Super Mini NVR and stuck motion-detector alarm

Hello,

I have been testing one of the Super Mini NVR's along with a N6100-8EP POE type NVR with two different brands of "ONVIF compliant" bullet cameras. For both cameras I need to go directly to the camera web-gui in order to enable motion detection and detection regions. The software interfaces for either NVR are identical.

One camera brand's motion detection alarm appears to work correctly, i.e., after motion is detected, the NVR will report it, but it will normally clear within 30 seconds when motion is no longer detected.

The other brand behaves differently by never clearing the motion alarm. This basically renders the "record on motion detection" useless since it will only detect the first motion alarm.

Am I missing a setting in the NVR or camera someplace?

A quick followup. The seller of the camera informed me that applying a I13 proprietary protocol patch to the NVRs should allow the dysfunctional motion detection to work correctly by avoiding ONVIF. The problematic camera is a HongJingTian type which works as a Foscam compatible with Blue Iris.

He offered me a i13 update for the "Super Mini NVR" but does not have the i13 update for the N6100-8EP type NVR. Does anybody know where I can find that update? I can't test the Super Mini right now unfortunately to confirm that the fix works.

FYI, the working camera is a 1080p TopSee based unit and motion works correctly with ONVIF. It also supports the I8/I8S/I9 protocols according to the NVR (untested by me).