videocheez

Dahua 8Channel NVR Plus POE with Dauha PTZMinis 12X

Yesterday, I set-up a security cameras system for neighbor using a Dahua 8-Channel NVR with 8 POE ports. I have 4 cameras on this system. Channel-1 has the Dahua PTZMINI12X and channels 2,3 & 4 have Dahua 3MP bullet cameras. Everything seems to be working fine except for PTZ scanning. I can't figure it out. I set-up 14 presets in the camera settings camera initially and then went into the NVR set-up and tried to make the presets auto cycle. I was successful using this same approach for the same camera using a Blue Iris PC based system.

Since I was not able to make the NVR automatically cycle through the presets that I set in the camera, I tried a different approach and went into the NVR's PTZ menus and set-up the presets within the NVR. I then pressed the auto scan button on the NVR expecting the camera to cycle through the presets and nothing happens. The camera just sits there in the last position I left it in. I know that the NVR and the camera are talking because I set up the NVR to make the camera go to one of the preset positions and the camera will swing its view towards one of the preset positions. Now I just want the camera to continuously cycle through the presets. Perhaps autoscan is not the correct button to push. I also noticed that there was a tour button. I don't even know what a tour is. I'm wondering if a tour is a sequence of presets. If that is the case, I just need help setting up a tour on this NVR. Any help will be really appreciated. If anyone out there has some advice or recommendations on how to set up a Dahua 8-channel POE NVR so that a PTZ camera will automatically cycle through its presets I would really appreciate the assistance. Thanks in advance,VC

A tour is a path you can program in for the camera to follow. Once done, it will swing back to the origin point and start the tour again. Real easy to set up. If you need directions let me know and I can walk you through it.

A tour is a path you can program in for the camera to follow. Once done, it will swing back to the origin point and start the tour again. Real easy to set up. If you need directions let me know and I can walk you through it.

Thanks. I think I have it figured out to set up a tour. Now, I want to know if there is away to set-up multiple tours. Or a sequence of operations such as several tours and then a couple of patterns. Thanks in advance, VC

Sorry to hijack this thread, but since you have the very model NVR I was looking at getting maybe you can help.

You say it has 8 PoE ports.

does that mean that there are 8 physical Ethernet ports on the recorder and you run individual Ethernet cables to each camera. I am guessing that is the case, but want to ask for sure, as I cant seem to find a picture of the rear of these units.

If, then, it does have individual physical ports, does that imply that you HAVE to connect each camera to an individual port? or can you just connect the NVR to the network via the router and a single Ethernet cable and then point the NVR to the IP adddress of each camera?

thanks

Sorry to hijack this thread, but since you have the very model NVR I was looking at getting maybe you can help.

You say it has 8 PoE ports.

does that mean that there are 8 physical Ethernet ports on the recorder and you run individual Ethernet cables to each camera. I am guessing that is the case, but want to ask for sure, as I cant seem to find a picture of the rear of these units.

If, then, it does have individual physical ports, does that imply that you HAVE to connect each camera to an individual port? or can you just connect the NVR to the network via the router and a single Ethernet cable and then point the NVR to the IP adddress of each camera?

thanks

you can do it either way as you described...note that if you will not be using the included poe ports you are better off with a non poe NVR, because the models with poe are pretty loud due to fan noise.

Ah, OK, thankd

Wont need the PoE ports, as all the cameras are remote

Thanks

Not sure what cams yet, so need to ensure multi manufacturer support too.

Ah, OK, thankd

Thanks

Be very careful if you intend to mix NVR and camera manufacturers....it doesnt always work out as planed...

Yes, i have seen posts regarding this.

Not bought any yet...so no actual plans to intentionally mix them , but ...would have liked the most flexibility.

wanton 8 camera system..but only buying 2 or 3 cams now.

it is for a stable yard. so three external is enough, but for future expansion if any owners of the horses wanted individual cameras in the future.

Ah, OK, thankd

Thanks

If you decide to use the built in POE feature of the NVR, I have been told to use the same brand camera as the NVR in order to make things go smoothly.There maybe some compatibility issues if you mix and match the brands.