Sign in to follow this  

16Ch Network DMR

I'm an electrician and I have a customer who has called to see if I can help with their DVR. It is calling for a password and of course after 10yrs they cannot remember what it is.

Is there a way to reset the password. I talked with the folks at Super/Circuits, sent them an email with a photo of the unit I'm asking about and they said they did not recognize my DVR, however, what is pictured in their manual I found online, looks just like one in the photo I sent to them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi. A 10 year old dvr ....... I think you are going to have problems

That old you are going to find you need software on PC to view the system and then you might have a problem if not supported

And 10 years old your not going to have smartphone or tablet support.

Hi. A 10 year old dvr ....... I think you are going to have problems

That old you are going to find you need software on PC to view the system and then you might have a problem if not supported

And 10 years old your not going to have smartphone or tablet support.

I was afraid of that. I was hoping there might be a backdoor or password reset available.

Thank you for your time and advise.

Ok -- I need a little more help here.

This customer has two buildings, detached, and both have DVR's. I have set Building 2 with a Crest CDR-3308-1T dvr to a wireless router for viewing on a laptop in the office of Building 1.

Is there a way to connect the cameras in Building 1 to the DVR in Building 2 via a wireless connection?

I don't know if I have explained this well enough to understand my situation so PM me if willing to discuss.

As always, thank you.

Is there a way to connect the cameras in Building 1 to the DVR in Building 2 via a wireless connection?

Is there a way to do it? Yes. Is it worth it? No.

It would be easier, cheaper, and way better to install a DVR in building 1.

I think I'm going to have to scrap the old DVR, I cannot get past the "password" issue I'm having.

My new thought is to move the DVR from Building 2, 8 Channel, to Building 1 where I have 8 cameras. Buy a new 4 Channel DVR for Building 2.

I am having an issue with the remote access that I am hoping someone can help with.

I think I have the Port Forwarding set correctly.

When I login I get the Web Viewer H264 1.8.1 opening to the "Log In" dialogue box. When I enter the information it thinks for a bit then I get a connection error message with "Invalid_Socket".

If I log in on the network the DVR is on everything work great.

Any thoughts?