Sign in to follow this  
Maximus123

Suspect that someone at work has tampered with CCTV recorder

Hi there,

While I have some familiarity with the equipment in question, I have a suspicion that someone has been turning off the equipment in question for short periods.

How would I go about investigating whether or not our DVR has been switched off?

Maxi

Hi there,

While I have some familiarity with the equipment in question, I have a suspicion that someone has been turning off the equipment in question for short periods.

How would I go about investigating whether or not our DVR has been switched off?

Maxi

Place a camera facing the recorder

Hi Tom,

It is this one here.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CnM-500gb-H-264-Camera-System/dp/B002UQO2VU

The time on the recorded files is roughly ninety minutes behind realtime. What I am beginning to suspect is that someone switched off DVR and then maybe reset the time to the time when they turned it of - when they turned it back on. So that the DVR would seem to not miss any footage.

Is this a reasonable hypothesis?

Maxi

change the admin password or setup a new admin account. If this system logs time and user who is logged in you should be able to tell when the old admin account started/stopped. Not a bad idea to hide a camera with onboard storage SD card and have it record activity in the DVR area.

Hi Tom,

It is this one here.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CnM-500gb-H-264-Camera-System/dp/B002UQO2VU

The time on the recorded files is roughly ninety minutes behind realtime. What I am beginning to suspect is that someone switched off DVR and then maybe reset the time to the time when they turned it of - when they turned it back on. So that the DVR would seem to not miss any footage.

Is this a reasonable hypothesis?

Maxi

Hi. I was going to say run some footage on the watermark trace but CNM is or was a cheap budget dvr

Time being out would not surgest someone has turned off your recorder ....... Time would always be right if switched off and back on ...... Clock has own power

CNM were never good at holding the time

I would look at changing to a qvis dvr they are cheap enough but good and brings what you have up to date