robby2k9

QVIS (or other generic) password reset code

I THINK I have a QVIS Atlantis 8 channel recorder, the only identification is model:8CHND1-8CASE. (I believe these are sold under several different makes)

I need to reset the Admin password, a little research has told me it changes daily based on the units internal clock.

Further research tells me that removing the battery returns the date to 01-01-2000, tried it & this works.

Therefore I would hope that someone has the reset code for a box running the date 01-01-2000.

Any help will be much appreciated.

I cannot see it via the web, only via the monitor.

I tried plugging it into my router but it isn't detected, so DHCP or the network port itself has probably been disabled.

I have posted 3 x photo's on dropbox as shown below.

I of course tried leaving the password blank as is the default, but it doesn't work for admin, only for guest.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69649619/IMG_0554.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69649619/IMG_0555.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69649619/IMG_0557.JPG

It's XM

Password for date 2000-01-01 is

RheElr

Case sensetive!!! Only fo DVR menu!!!

DVR will reboot and then password is empty i.e. without password for Admin

If by 'DVR menu' you mean the first logon page after booting up & pressing MENU on the front of the box, as per my first picture, then I'm afraid RheElr doesn't work.

Thanks for trying.

If by 'DVR menu' you mean the first logon page after booting up & pressing MENU on the front of the box, as per my first picture, then I'm afraid RheElr doesn't work.

Thanks for trying.

Read carefuly!

What the current date on dvr?

Make another picture with pressed symbol.

Password has different case!!!

Many thanks, that sorted it, all passwords erased!

As I suspected, it had a fixed IP address way out of the range of my router, DHCP is now live again.

Once again thank you.

Many thanks, that sorted it, all passwords erased!

As I suspected, it had a fixed IP address way out of the range of my router, DHCP is now live again.

Once again thank you.

hi i have a qvis apollos 32bb with i can not use as we have forgotten the admin password have tried the 2 codes you posted in a earlier reply also have tried to pop the cmos battery out but none worked any help would be appricated.

cheers mike

Hi. i have a AData ZEUS8 DVR 8 channel. it has been setup by someone that i can no longer get in touch with. i have the user password to log on it to check recordings but not administrator password . i need that as now i can not get to watch cameras online so it will need re configuring. If any one can help it will be amazing. Thanks

Hi guys,

I have a QVIS Shangri-La and the date is today's 27/11/2017.

Depending on the speed of the reply, could I have please today's and tomorrow's password please?

Or should I just reset the device back to factory - by removing the backup battery - and it's gonna be the default date?

Many thanks for the help.

Would be mine for Sannce DN81Q but it does not work.

Need more details about your device.

Try other method reset password.

Sorry, my fault

For 2000-01-01 is

NpSZOo

Sorry

http://itunedvr.ru/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=56#p155

I have a OYN-X I-ATLANTIS PRO 8 NVR.

Will this default password work for my model NVR (after defaulting the time by removing the battery). I changed the password sometime ago and now I can't remember it. I just want to change the time after the GMT clock change a few weeks ago.

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

can anyone help? I have a qvis DVR which I no longer use but need to use it again and I cant remember the password. I have tried everything but nothing works. I seen on here that you can reset it if you have the date.

The date on mine is showing 15/12/2017.

Has anyone got a code for this date?

Cheers

hi i have a qvis quattro 4

the date is 2017-12-30

could someone help me with the reset code please as im locked out

thanks in advance

This was a message from Dahua just before Xmas sent to one of the technical support team who was helping me with my password reset :

"We use new security policy firmware for all of our new products, which means password tool are not available any more. But customer can get the password following the steps by 'forget password' in login page if he filled in correct information when he did initialization on first login."

I successfully reset my password using the following method :

1 - On the NVR login box click the 'Forgot Password' padlock. This will bring up another box showing a QR code.

2 - Scan the QR Code that appears on screen. I was informed to use GDMSS lite app (If you were going to add a new device the information needed should appear in the serial number option) but that didn't initially work for me so I just downloaded a generic QR reader App from Playstore and scanned it on my mobile phone.

3 - The result will give you a long list of letters, numbers and characters. Copy and paste the output into an email (use the your email address which was initially setup on your NVR). The email should have no subject title. Send the email to :

support_gpwd@htmicrochip.com

5 - Within minutes you should receive an automatic email containing a security code which should be inserted in the screen 'Input security code' (where you originally scanned the QR code). By entering this it will bring up a prompt to change password !

There you have it. Hope this is helpful for others who have the DAHUA/QVIS/OYN-X branded systems. They are all from under the same company in essence.

Hi guys , im in need of your help getting my qvis avalon 12ch system reset , the password has been forgot and it has been locked ,

Could someone point me in the right directions, to get the unit up and running again ,

Any help as to what steps to take would be greatly appreciated ..

Many thanks conal .....

HI i have a qvis model apollos-32 and need the password cleared

could you please post for today and tomorrows date dependeny when you have the time to reply

Many thanks Keith

adata.thumb.jpg.2d94d4d11410421463e3535ba931ba53.jpg