grissom35

Converting AVI file with a GMP4 codec to MOV

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Can anyone tell me how I can convert a Geovision AVI video file that uses a GMP4 codec to an MOV? I was able to convert one of the files I have but not any of the others.

Odd, I'm not familiar with that codec. What about renaming your file to .mp4 and seeing if you can load it into handbrake? I don't think that is going to change anything for what you are describing, but worth a shot. Is the file corrupt maybe? Does it play okay? Because you said the others in the same codec had no issues but this one isn't working.

Someone else will probably have a better answer, good luck

Sorry it took so long to post again but I was able to convert those files using Sorenson Squeeze. Thank you so much for your help with this, it was quite a pain.

Sorry it took so long to post again but I was able to convert those files using Sorenson Squeeze. Thank you so much for your help with this, it was quite a pain.

Hello!

If you can remember, how did you use Sorenson Squeeze to convert the GMP4 .AVI files? I cannot get Squeeze to recognize these files. The software just goes into a forever spinning cursor.

Thanks!

Scott K.