JohnHappy

Dedicated Micros Remote Keyboard KBS3 - Keyboard Not Found

I have a DM BX2P DVR and a DM DS2A DVR. I also have two DM/KBS3 remote keyboards. Each keyboard works fine with my BX2P but my DS2A will not find the KBS3 keyboard. I plug the keyboard into the 485 port on the back of the DS2A and then into the keyboard and all the lights start flashing and the lcd screen displays what appears to be a firmware version number but then the lcd screen goes blank. I press a key on the keyboard and the lcd screen says " Keyboard not found " and I get a warning or error beep. At this point ... and I'm guessing here ... my DS2A will only work with the DM/KBS3A keyboard. Your thoughts?

I have a DM BX2P DVR and a DM DS2A DVR. I also have two DM/KBS3 remote keyboards. Each keyboard works fine with my BX2P but my DS2A will not find the KBS3 keyboard. I plug the keyboard into the 485 port on the back of the DS2A and then into the keyboard and all the lights start flashing and the lcd screen displays what appears to be a firmware version number but then the lcd screen goes blank. I press a key on the keyboard and the lcd screen says " Keyboard not found " and I get a warning or error beep. At this point ... and I'm guessing here ... my DS2A will only work with the DM/KBS3A keyboard. Your thoughts?

you need to press unit number on keyboard and the unit number that the dm is programmed to ie if the ds2a is unit 3 then press unit and number 3 on keyboard etc.

Thanks for your reply regarding the dvr unit number. I found the explanation in the setup manual. After posting the initial message I remembered that the DM DS2A I was connecting to the KBS3 remote keyboard was in 'upgrade limbo'. A couple weeks ago I made it part of the way through the upgrade process and ran into a problem ... and, additionally, I still need an upgrade unlock code from Dedicated Micros. So .... for the time being ... my DS2A is "halted in bootloader" mode until I get the software upgrade finished. I'm guessing that the keyboard will not be recognized by this dvr until the dvr boots up successfully.

Thanks for your reply regarding the dvr unit number. I found the explanation in the setup manual. After posting the initial message I remembered that the DM DS2A I was connecting to the KBS3 remote keyboard was in 'upgrade limbo'. A couple weeks ago I made it part of the way through the upgrade process and ran into a problem ... and, additionally, I still need an upgrade unlock code from Dedicated Micros. So .... for the time being ... my DS2A is "halted in bootloader" mode until I get the software upgrade finished. I'm guessing that the keyboard will not be recognized by this dvr until the dvr boots up successfully.

that is correct the dm ds2 must have booted fully to recognise the keyboard, if its halted then it will not recognise the dvr keyboard at all.