Sign in to follow this  
gdaley

dvr admin password

hi.

i need help with a dvr i have been given. it has no brand name on it. i have factory reset it and tried all the usual suspects, 000000, 3210, 1234, 54321, password, none, null, etc etc. i can provide pics on request, in the hope someone can identify it. im new here and was wanting to upload a pic, but it said file to big...

any help most appreciated.

many thanks, glenn.

You may wish to look inside for things to identify the OEM but this may be a long shot.

With regards to the code, I would first try sequential and identical numeric strings, both incremental and decremental, making notes as you proceed.

1234, 2345, 3456, etc

4321, 5432, etc

12345, 23456, etc

1111, 2222, 3333, etc

11111, 22222, 33333, etc

You could of course try patterns like 13579, 24680.

One other thing to test or evaluate, may be the maximum number of digits permissible. Many units I've worked with will allow a maximum of 4 digits, 5 digits, etc, therefore limiting your range of codes. Also if you are using channel buttons (instead of up/down arrows) and have less than 10 channels, then your codes highest value will be limited by this.

Of course it could be that it is one of the few units with a unique sequence.

You could try changing the quality of the pictures you have with a picture editor, or use a lower quality on the camera or phone when you take the picture.

Ian