Sign in to follow this  
d13avo

Whats the difference?

Hi All

I have owned an AVTECH AVC761 for the last eight years and recently the HDD has given up so I was looking for a replacement. I was recommended to Max at MAP security who has been helpful and sold me a KPD677DEZ. It seems ok bar a quality issue where some of the buttons are not operational due to not fitted to the front panel correctly but the machine works. As this unit is located in my loft the old AVC unit has a IR socket but the new 677 hasn't but Max has directed me to a IR extender. Anyway I have read somewhere that the AVC models are superior and better quality to the KPD so I was going to exchange for a AVC796PV but unfortunately I have been told this is an obsolete machine now and the only available replacement is the AVC708. Max tells me this unit does not have the IR socket also but the spec sheet shows it. Has anyone got the AVC708? Has it got the IR socket? Is it worth the extra money? Or would people swap AVTECH for Samsung? Apologies for all the questions but I was recommended here for the vast knowledge available.

Regards

Paul