Sign in to follow this  
chack

DVR and analog and NVR issue

Hello

I'm new to this surveillance thing, my only experience is with one wireless camera that was connected to a Synology surveillance system. But I just moved into a place that has preinstalled analog cameras that wires to a central location in the attic. There is a separate power supply box that feeds the camera it appears and another DVR specifically model #MV-4004HDL, which when I google, the only thing I could find was in korean. There is no manual of any sort .

My question is :

1) How do I even get this setup up and running? I have hooked up everything and there appears to be power, but I do not see the device on the LAN(connected the lan port to a network switch)

2) Are there hybrid systems or a way to connect these analog cameras via another adapter to a NVR such as QNAP?

hopefully this will get me started in the right direction

Hello

I'm new to this surveillance thing, my only experience is with one wireless camera that was connected to a Synology surveillance system. But I just moved into a place that has preinstalled analog cameras that wires to a central location in the attic. There is a separate power supply box that feeds the camera it appears and another DVR specifically model #MV-4004HDL, which when I google, the only thing I could find was in korean. There is no manual of any sort .

My question is :

1) How do I even get this setup up and running? I have hooked up everything and there appears to be power, but I do not see the device on the LAN(connected the lan port to a network switch)

2) Are there hybrid systems or a way to connect these analog cameras via another adapter to a NVR such as QNAP?

hopefully this will get me started in the right direction

1) the device may be on a different subnet. Have you hooked a monitor up to it to check the network settings?

2) You can use an analog to ip encoder but I dont know if qnap will support it.

Honestly you are best off replacing the system. If you can run ethernet and get an ip system that would be best. Its well worth the investment.

Alternatively you can look at HD over coax systems like CVI or TVI. They are inexpensive.