Sign in to follow this  
onlyprinzp

Urgent help please!

Hello,

I have a huge problem. My DVR "AVC796B" was at a really old firmware, i got it from a client in order to backup the entire hard drive (1TB -> 80% FULL) so i was searching for a fast and efficient way in order to back up and thought okey lets make a firmware upgrade to 1020 and see if there are some extras for backing up.

Now the thing is the upgrade was successfull, but once the DVR rebooted it said: "Clean HDD HDD0" -Yes -No ... I said no and in the upper right corner where it usually says how much GB of free space is available it says "NO HDD"

How can i get the data back? This data is extremely important due to a robbery and the police needs the video material for the process in order to have some proves.

Please help me asap!

Thank you in advance!

Hi. Avtech dvrs are time dependant and part of looking back they need time ... File time ... File location

With you doing an update all the find data will be gone

Some old avtech you could just alter the time on recorder to the time you need the footage

But you might be best using the avtech player and loading your hard drive into a PC .... It will ask again to format ... Say no

Hey thanks for the reply, actually i sound a solution!

For all you that might have the same problem here is what i did:

1. Take out the HDD from the DVR

2. Connect it to PC --> it will not show in "my computer" only in bios, and "disk management" ( DO NOT FORMAT, CONVERT TO DYNAMIC! )

3. Download a program called DM Disk Editor v3

4. When program installed select physical drives, and select the HDD from the DVR

5. It will take some minutes to read the HDD , after that there will be 2 partitions shown

- 1st will be about 500mb (system reserve)

- 2nd will be (depends on how large you hdd is, mine is in this case 1TB) ~990GB

6. Select "Open Volume"

7. You will be able to see all data in the explorer, simply select the folder you want to "recover" and select recover data...

8. Select destination folder and click "Go"

9. Now the recovered files will be "*.stream" files which are able to be played & converted by the VideoPlayerLiteHJ from AVTech

Just in case somebody runs into the same problem as me, there was nothing I found on the net just you know.

Cheers!