Sign in to follow this  
Notebookfreak

AVTech KPD674B-B won´t boot

Hi @ all

First of all i want to say that im german and english is not my motherlanguage so please forgive me if i make tons of mistakes

So there is this KPD674B-B which i own.

My problem is that it won´t boot anymore.

I see the H.264 logo und it says "System initial..." and then it reboots after about 40 seconds.

Here is what i did so far:

Reset the device with the p5 and p6 connectors

Flashed the firmware 1017

Tried a huge amount of hdd´s

just tried to boot this thing without anything pluged in (mouse, hdd, camera)but the vga-monitopr was pluged in

What i saw as a single red led which starts flashing near the sata port after about 15 seconds.

I really hope that someone can help me.

If I am reading correctly you flashed new firmware and now the dvr refuses to boot up. If this is correct then are you sure that the new firmware was the correct firmware. If it was the correct firmware then I would download the firmware again just in case the firmware file was corrupt. I would then attempt to again flash the dvr. If this does not work then I would flash the dvr with the firmware that I was originally trying to replace if it was still available.

First of all thank you for your reply.

Here is what i did today:

Flashed the following firmwares:

I redownloadet both of them more than one time.

The flash process is always successfull but it don´t want to boot. Just the manufacture logo and then reboot.

I take it that the firmware 1008 was the firmware that was originally working on the dvr. If this is the case and you flashed the dvr correctly then there are only a few possible answers. Is it possible to reset the dvr as sometimes this needs to be done in order for the dvr to boot up correctly. Other possibilities are, you may not have followed the flashing procedure correctly, the firmware is either incorrect or corrupt or the dvr is faulty. I am assuming that you download the firmware to a usb stick and then put the usb stick into one of the usb ports of the dvr. Is this correct. If it is correct then check that the usb stick is compatible with the dvr and that it is formatted correctly. If you are not using a usb stick to flash the firmware then can you describe the procedure that you are using to flash the dvr.